OT: Is Taiwan still doing any tech business?

Daddy Dee

Ok, random thought the other day. I can remember purchasing my first PC in 1988. It was an XT clone made in Taiwan. Around the time, it seemed that all the clones were made in Taiwan and they were the only other options except the fat cat IBM's and Compaq's.

It was often a topic of conversation to pass the time to commiserate and fuss over Taiwanese computers.

So it was the other day that I remembered that I hadn't heard anybody fuss about Taiwan tech manufacturing in years. What's the deal here?

It has also occured to me that "made in Taiwan" now reads "made in China".

Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm just out to lunch here.

What's the deal?

Lian Li is a computer case builder, I brought one

I believe alot of memory is made in Taiwan

Also I worked at an institute with a graduate student when I was in high school and he graduated not 2 years ago and moved back to Taiwan due to the strict F1 Visa laws enacted after september 11. Its a shame, I have yet seen dedication as this person slept in the lab/office 3/6 days. I believe the only day he was off was sunday.

that and taiwan is the only country that america gives the very accurate tommahawk cruise missle too, not even israel, south korea, other nato countries.... tommahaw cruise missles are meant for one thing first strike leadership killer or second strike leadership killers.