Car audio advice.

oldenough

My a/d/s 200i center channel integrated into the console where the cup holder used to be. Fills in the soundstage nicely when called upon. I just acquired an older Audio Control System 90 Model 11 Center Channel amplifier and Spatial Restorer that I am using to power the center. It can be switched off with the push of a knob. I was using an HiFonics Series VIII Ulysses but it was overkill.

i couldn't agree more that the old orion stuff is still some of the best around, if not 'the' best. it was amazing that the hcca amps could be loaded down to 1/2 ohm and really unleash their power potential. there are occassionally some on ebay. i remember hearing about the 'cloaked' electronics in r. clarks grand national. i believe that system only consisted of a total of six drivers? not only is that my favorite car of all time, he had a then, state of the art audio system in it. back in the day, 1990.... cough....!, when i was building boxes, orion used to put out designs and dimensions on bandpass and dual bandpass boxes. i built quite a few of them using the xtr 15. i have never heard anything since a dual bandpass, be able to play like it did at or below 20 hz. ok, i will stop reminiscing now........................

I know Gary Biggs BGN was one sweet car, NOW SOLD.

JBL gear is great, but just another brand that is overpriced IMO.

Heard Richard's car years ago, and Joe Black's set up w/HLCD (horns)

Dynaudio mids.

Amazing what you can achieve in car audio. I also competed in MECA from 2003 - 2006 in SQ. Now relagated to PT SQ judging. Frzninvt it's all yours! Good ole' Mo from IASCA (what a Canadian character, and I still have lots of friends competing in IASCA (Team JBL) Who knows Frzninvt, we may have met at one time or another.

Yes, those Morel's are sweet too

Best of luck on that project Old Enough[:#]

Thanks James, it took a whole Fall, Winter, and Spring to finish the job. Major expense and headache at times!

I suppose that is why I have no funds for another home unit.......I love both (lmao)!

My Link and page (3) has the competition schedule:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/532717/3

Sound System Components

Amplification/Processors/Power sources

Memphis Amplifiers: (2) 16-MC3004 75W x 4 A/B Class Stereo Amplifier .03% THD @ 4 ohm (Bi-amplified front and rear component speakers) (2) 16-MC300 150W x 2 A/B Class Stereo Amplifier .03% THD @ 4 ohm (2) 4” Memphis Heat Sinks Memphis Equalizer: 16-EQP4 4-Band Parametric w/Variable Subwoofer crossover 7V preout .005% THD (Freq range: 10 hz – 50Khz) Capacitor(s):(1) BatCap X-static 400 Capacitor

Source Unit/Accessories

Pioneer Premier: DEH-P940MP Multi-CD/DAB control DSP High Power CD/MP3/WMA player w/ FM/AM Tuner (Featuring EEQ/BBE/Supertuner III/SFC/ASL/ALA/13 Band EQ) Frequency range: 5 Hz – 20KHz 50W x 4 Mosfet Power supply .05% THD 6.5V preout Changer: Pioneer Premier CDX-FM1289 12 Disc Viper Alarm System: Viper 690 2-way responder System Accessories:(1) 2 Guage Wiring Harness Kit (2) Hooker 4-Fuse Ground Distribution Blocks w/Digital Voltmeters(1) Extreme Dynamat Bulk Pack(2) Extreme Dynamat Trunk kits(2) Custom sectional painted fiberglass shells (amp rack/subwoofer enclosure)(1) Custom painted fiberglass dash trim panel (head unit/EQ)(1) Soundgate audio steering wheel interface module (activates OEM controls)(2) Tsunami Digital Voltmeter Battery Terminal Covers

Speaker System

(Front) MBQuart Q-Line QSD 216 2-way component 6.5” polypropylene (WPC) woofer 1” titanium tweeter w/Musicomp crossovers featuring BTT (TBC)Handling: 90 – 170W @ 4 ohm Range: 35 Hz – 32KHz (Rear) MBQuart Premium Line PCE 216 2-way component 6.5” polypropylene (WPC) woofer 1” titanium tweeter w/Musicomp crossovers Handling: 60 – 130W @ 4 ohm Range: 38 Hz – 32KHz (Pillar) MBQuart Reference RTE20 19mm/ .80” Titanium tweeters w/crossovers Handling: 50 – 100W @ 4ohm Range: 4,800Hz – 32KHz (Subs) (2) Memphis M3102 10” 4ohm High Power Output subwoofers in custom ported box Handling: 300W RMS Peak: 600W

Love the 10" HCCA subwoofer and with a 250 HCCA G4 running it at 800W @ 1 ohm mono I bet it hits like a sledgehammer. Not bad for a 100W amp.

Gorgeous Memphis install and real nice fiberglass work. That is a class act install. My '94 Competition Camaro was all naugahyde and the countless hours of work invovled in prepping the car for shows got tiresome after awhile. I went to a big competition in Cornwall Canada and I think my last competition was the Best of the Best New York Series at Extreme Sounds Plattsburgh, NY. The store owner cheated and his customers remarkably ended up with the 1st's, what a scam!

I got 2nd in the 1-150 Watt class at that show.

My days of big systems are over I keep a relatively simple one my system currently consists of:

1994 Honda Accord EX
Alpine CDA-7998 AM/FM/XM Head Unit
Alpine CHA-S604 6 Disc CD Changer
HiFonics Series VIII Isis (Front & Rear)
HiFonics Series VIII Isis (Subs)
Audio Control Model 11 Center Amplifier/Spatial Restorer (Center)
Kinetik HC-600 High Current Supplemental Battery
a/d/s 236is 2-Way Components w/336PX Tweeters & 346is Crossover Networks (Front)
a/d/s 200i 2-Way Plate w/344is Network (Center)
Magnum Professional's w/MF & HF Modules (Rear)
Orion 10" NT2 "nTense" DVC's (Sealed Enclosure)
Stinger Dream Series Twisted Pair Interconnects
145 Amp Alternator and the Big Three Under the Hood

My days of big systems are over I keep a relatively simple one my system currently consists of:

1994 Honda Accord EX
Alpine CDA-7998 AM/FM/XM Head Unit
Alpine CHA-S604 6 Disc CD Changer
HiFonics Series VIII Isis (Front & Rear)
HiFonics Series VIII Isis (Subs)
Audio Control Model 11 Center Amplifier/Spatial Restorer (Center)
Kinetik HC-600 High Current Supplemental Battery
a/d/s 236is 2-Way Components w/336PX Tweeters & 346is Crossover Networks (Front)
a/d/s 200i 2-Way Plate w/344is Network (Center)
Magnum Professional's w/MF & HF Modules (Rear)
Orion 10" NT2 "nTense" DVC's (Sealed Enclosure)
Stinger Dream Series Twisted Pair Interconnects
145 Amp Alternator and the Big Three Under the Hood

Boy I am glad that you are keeping it SIMPLE....[:P]

That is something that I want to do with my next car. You hear all the time about speaker rot, is there any problems with amps of old. And yes those are pictures that I just took yesterday. I also have a Kicker amp that I used for the components. I think that is what really got me into the HT speakers.

So I guess a big thank you to Orion for my Klipsch setups.

James