Yes,Verily...Klipsch truly redeemed

allensand

I just saw the post by NCatron regarding his new PM4.1s. I had posted on 12/25/01 that my 4.1s were DOA out of the box, how disappointed I was, and wasn't sure whether I would get my money back or take a chance on a second set. Well, I had heard so many good things about the 4.1s that I decided to risk it and get a replacement set. They arrived this afternoon and I finished setup about two hours ago.

AWESOME!!! The only word to describe the sound. I'm hearing things on music CDs that I've never heard before. I've got a pretty nice stereo set-up in my living room that I've been fortunate enough to accumulate over the years which includes a Pioneer 100Watt/channel(RMS) receiver driving some heavy-duty Polk speakers which don't give me the clarity, crispness and overall sound quality I'm getting with these 4.1s.

Granted, they still are only a few hours old and anything can happen, but I'm astounded at the sound from these things. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the long-term and simply say that these were worth waiting for.

I'll keep you posted.

Allen

All you ProMedia victims should DEMAND your money back. To hell with this warranty crap. Even if your speakers are working you have defective product via faulty design and manufacture.

BB

------------------

eat your vegetables

This message has been edited by Big Bean on 01-16-2002 at 11:20 PM

Yo...BURNn

They are holding up fine. As I said before, my first set was DOA and I was extremely disappointed because they were a Christmas present and didn't work. Candidly, the fact that I got "burned" on the first set did not sit very well with me...for the price I expected nothing short of perfection and certainly not DOA right out of the box. I took a chance, got a second set and am more than satisfied at this point. Hopefully they will continue to perform well.

I'll keep you posted.

Allen

Actually, I certainly agree with BB...granted I love my 4.1s, but Klipsch should be a little more careful when shipping these units...I'm guessing they all go through a routine inspection before they are sent to distributors so they should work when they are purchased. Even though the majority of people on this board are here to complain about their speakers, this is only a handful out of the thousands who own them. So obviously the problem is with the shipping or just a lazy tester. :P Certainly buying a product worth $300 you would expect it to work flawlessly...however when they don't you can get mighty angry. I would be, you know how much floggin' car audio I've recieved that was f'd up? TOO MUCH. and it pissed me off. But instead of getting refunded i asked for a new product everytime. I think i wouldve regretted switching to another brand cause my setup is f'n sweet now.

aparrently, I have the proverbial "golden horseshoe" shoved somewhere.. I have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of car, home, and computer audio equipment over the last 20 years, and have not been burned yet. I have returned equipment. Not to say that everything is perfect in the "upper middle class" of audio. Every manufacturer has a bad unit every now and then. Good retailers realize this. If you approach your retailer in a civil demeanor, with a reasonable explanation of your problem, they will make it right... 99% of the time. That 1% are the ones that give a bad name to all of them.

4.1's have been rockin' round the clock fer the last 2 and a half weeks. KG3 and KG5's have been rockin fer a decade. Hope the klipsch quality continues to come through.

I will buy klipsch again...

rock on

cwm6.gifcwm6.gifcwm18.gif

------------------

I like them french fried potaters....mmmmhhhhmmmm

Hey cdternie,

What's your problem. Big Beans got the same right as you to be here. I've been reading a lot on the ProMedia boards and Big Beans post are very much on point. What's happening at Klipsch with this product line is symtomatic of a very scarry trend in manufacturing. Cut cost at any cost. Chinese labor, medoicre design manufacture and quality control seems to be just fine for the undiscriminating American consumers. The Swiss and Germans gota be laughing there asses off at us.

See ya.

Audry

This message has been edited by Audry on 01-21-2002 at 07:26 PM