Center Speaker Recommendations

Mudkicker

hi

from klipsch's current lines of speakers, which center speaker would you recommend to be paired up with KG 2.5's up front, and KG 1.5's at the rear?

Ideally, i would put a third KG 2.5, however i find that the shape and size of it will not work for my setup.

right now i am thinking RC-10

thanks

Mud,

From research off the web, it seems that the Synergy SC 1 seems to work as a center for alot of Folks. Just an Idea

I did a Google search, "center speaker for KG 2.5". Good Luck, and Post Pictures when you find the "right" one.

Another idea would be the KG 2.5v................but I don't know if it would work Size Wise.

Search thru this site. The KV line of center speakers were designed for your speakers. Lowest priced was the KV-1, then the KV-2 then the KV-3, the costliest.

Check E-Bay and be patient. You should be able to buy a KV-3 for $100 to $125. You could search this forum too, seems there were a couple posted for sale here.

Good luck. I always liked the KG2.5's. Lotsa bang for the buck.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/kv-3.aspx

Keith

Yeah...

i saw that there are 2 KV-2's for sale on Ebay. Question is, how much of a gamble is it buying used 10 year old speakers on ebay?

i have taken incredible care of my KG's over the last deacade...but with sellers on ebay, you never know. i "assume" that buying from a member of this site would be a "safer" bet.

Thanks for all the great help and replies.

Mud

• Moderators

Yeah, I have been watching the KV's on ebay as well. Just trying to see what they are going for in case I get the opportunity and finances to upgrade to the RC-64. From my time here on the forum, most of the folks here really love their Klipsch and seem to take pride in them so I have the same feelings as you as far as preferring to buy from a forum member first if possible. I haven't seen any KV-4's to buy. I have a feeling it will be hard to come by. I wouldn't mind upgrading to it though if one came available for the right price.

Personally, I was faced with a similar conundrum, I have two Heresy II's (vintage 1990) with new woofers and BEC crossover networks and a pair of 5 year old Heresy II's, so I put one of the older ones in as the center channel, set my receiver for 3 speaker mode, but truthfully, in two speaker cinematic mode, things still work well. The Center was icing on the cake.

The horns work and play well with other horns, so I figured that an HII center channel would sonically match my fronts....now for the subwoofer. I did have an entire R?-52 (RF-52's and an RC-52) system with the RW-10D, but the horns are just more sonically pleasing with me. Now I just have to find a good match for a subwoofer. Maybe Shinall...who knows ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Moderators

I actually saw that two days ago. It's definitely more than what I want to pay for a temporary setup. I know it will be awhile before we build our house with a dedicated theater room but I'm not sure how much I want to invest into the 3.1 system (no rear speakers) that I have now.

I just now noticed that the KV-3 doesn't even match with my front speakers. LOL. The KV-4 has the almost the same drivers as the CF-2's that I have. Apparently the KV-3 goes with the KG speakers.

I guess it would depend on what Mud wants for the KV-3 and what I can get the KV-4 from Audiogon. Mud, let me know what you are willing to offer and I'll check with the guy on Audiogon.

• Moderators

A KV-3 was just posted for sale here. Whether we work out something or you buy that one, looks like you will be able to get setup with a matching speaker to your setup. Not sure what color you are looking for, mine is black and his is Medium Oak. I have pics of my setup here.

A KV-3 was just posted for sale here. Whether we work out something or you buy that one, looks like you will be able to get setup with a matching speaker to your setup. Not sure what color you are looking for, mine is black and his is Medium Oak. I have pics of my setup here.

Well, i need black and unfortunatley he is selling oak.

What color are yours? What condition are they in?

PM me and give me an idea of what you would want for them.

thanks Mud

• Moderators

My KV-3 is black. It is in excellent condition. I just looked the speaker over and the speaker grill is flawless, no holes, tears or frays. The rear has one very tiny chip on the round corner (if that makes sense). The foot on the back that is used to adjust the angle of the speaker is in perfect order. The speaker is in perfect working order and sounds great. To be honest, I'm not sure what I would want for it. I've had not gotten to the point of wanting to sell it yet. Anyone have any idea what it is worth?

• Moderators

I am not familiar with the "screw heads" that you are referring to other than what is shown below. My KV-3 is setup the same way. It is there to hold the binding post housing and the pole that is used to adjust the angle of the center channel. Can you provide a link to the image you are referring to?

kv2.jpg