Ksc-c1

jyarb

Does anyone recomend using the KSC C1 center with KSF 8.5 mains. This is not the suggested speaker on the Klipsch classic site, but seems to be a valid opion. Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited by jyarb on 01-07-2002 at 09:04 PM

I am using it currently with some rf-3's. It does ok on movies, but I noticed today while I was listening to some music at a very high levels and I could hear the drivers bottom out.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I'm currently using the KSC-C1 as the center channel w/ 8.5s for front. I had originally purchased the system w/ KSB 3.1 fronts and just picked up the 8.5s - as the C5 is no longer available, it's a little more difficult to find - although, I'm sure one of the fellow Klipsch enthusiasts on this site can hook you up. (see previous posting :-) )

KSF 8.5

KSC C1

KSB 1.1

Integra DTR5

In the beginning.....

Klipsch offered the Klipsch Synergy Premiere line of speakers which was comprised of the KSP400 front L/R with matching speakers being the KSP-C6 and KSP-S6 surrounds.

A lower priced KSP system included KSP300 front L/R using the KSF-C5 center and the KSF-S5 surrounds.

Later Klipsch introduced the Synergy towers,KSF 10.5 and KSF 8.5,and matching speakers which included KSF-C5 center and KSF-S5 surrounds.

I bought several of the KSP300's,two KSF-C5's,and four pair of the KSP-S6 surrounds.I had originally planned to use the KSF-C5 as center and surround back speakers in my HT setup.But I ended up using a KSP-C6 center and KSP-S6 surrounds,gave a pair of the KSP300's,C-5,and S-6's to my best friend.Which somehow left the KSF-C5 unused.I really don't care if I sell it or not.It has lots of Klipsch company packed away here.

What I am trying to tell you guys is you are selling yourself and your HT short by buying an el cheapo center.After all,you know the center is supposedly the most important speaker in a HT system.I would suggest buying the CORRECT center now while a few are still floating around.Suit yourself.

This is the absolute best advice I can give you for free.

Another thing,I have several pieces of original Klpsch literature for the Klipsch Synergy Premiere line.Any owners of these speakers that would like to have a copy can e-mail me and I'll mail you a copy.It ain't much but hey,it's free! Supplies are limited.

Keith

Regarding the center channel, If you can pick up the C-5 to match with your 8.5s (or 10.5s) do so. You will be impressed with the difference. I started with the KSC-C1 and after upgrading to the C-5 I was blown away with the difference. The goal in Home Theater is to have a "seamless" soundstage. This is only created with the matching center. -Anyway for what it's worth-Keith

Thanks for the replys. However I found this forum and posted my question after I have already ordered the KSC-C1. My current center is a Harmon Kardon (C5 I think), which I have had for several years. I am hoping that the C1 will be a better match. I should receive the C1 Friday or Monday. Well such is my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I just wanted to let everyone know, I know have my KSC-C1 in place and love it. I know it is not the match for my mains but it is still a much better match than the old center I had. I find myself rewatching DVD again and can not beleive the difference. I do not think I will ever visit a movie theater again. My next addition will be a pair of surrounds probably the SS1's (again not the correct speakers), but I like the WDST idea.