Two RSW 15's vs. One Epic Conquest............

SWL

I think the Conquest, hands down.

Tom Nousaine said this, " The Conquest exceeds that of any commericial product I've ever measured. And it's a home audio sub.

Craigsub's blind listening test rated the Conquest for it's sound quality and it was above the likes of some heavy hitters.

Velodyne, JL Audio, SVS.

Interesting.............I found out recently that Epic's office/factory is only 30 minutes from my house. I think I'll call them and see if it's possible to get a listen. It's hard not to notice all the attention the Conquest and the ED subs have been getting lately.

This one is so evident and easy...too easy !

The only advantage dual RSW15 will have is punch (50-100Hz,as two combined will pound out SLAM.

For deep bass the Conquest using one massive 18" capable of a solid 30mm(minimum,worst case) of Xmax in a optimal vented box will brutalise two RSW15's down deep Starting 30Hz and down the magin is greater and greater...under 20Hz the Conquest is by far ahead.

The RSW15 are optimised for 25Hz up,down at 20Hz they do not best a Sunfire Sig. Even a sealed and more compact JL Audio f113 eats them.

I am building several large EBS subs using Mach 5 Audio IXL18's ,Sound Splinter RLp 15 and 18" . These extend into the 12Hz with power,output that will shake your gut. Think of the conquest as a RLp 18" in a near EBS alignement with more Xmax ! Serious woofage.

I have to tell you I am very excited and will also buy the Conquest as well as the eD 900 dual 18" vented sub. Monster SPL down to near siggle digits!!

Nothing beats BIG vented ,besides even more displacement in a IB monster using half a dozen 18" drivers... [:D]

eD and Epik offers better price performance ratio than dare I say...no I will not name them. [:)]

Only DIY offers still more performance for the money,here you have to have a near workshop to do a proper cabinet work,too many DIY cabinets look like trash and are build like dollar store units. Serious DIY is KING however,there are skilled people like one AVS member who has build mains as well finished as Wilson and Avalon !!! His work is that of a master.

All things considered better buy eD or Epik,no dust ...no optimisations to do. ALl is done for you and the price is great too boot !

Hmmmm...........The Garage Sale might just have two RSW-15's for sale in the very near future.........perfect condition, two years old, black, one owner (me). Need to look more into the Epic, though. The RSW-15's are no slouches but if the Conquest is all the hype, might have to consider it.

Interesting.............I found out recently that Epic's office/factory is only 30 minutes from my house. I think I'll call them and see if it's possible to get a listen. It's hard not to notice all the attention the Conquest and the ED subs have been getting lately.

I've had the chance to talk with Chad on several occasions. You'll enjoy your visit.

FTC ratings in sub amps mean little,the RMS and peak ratings do just well. I suspect the BASH /switching amp they use rated at 1000W RMS should give 600-700W FTC rated.

Craig has found in his max output tests the sub was amp limited,you could extract more with a more capable amp. Same with the big eD dual 18" with its 1300W RMS plate amp.

After I finish my SIX DIY subs,I will start ordering Epik,eD and SVS heavy hitters. I will not let Craisub outdo me so fast. I may have been busy but no way TheEAR has thrown the towel.

Re-phrase................(2) RSW-15's and (1) SVS PB-12 Ultra/2 VS. One Epic Conquest.................

This is what I'm running right now with four RF-7's............serious nuts, very impressive.

Will the Conquest best the SVS-RSW combo?

Say it isn't so................

Below 25Hz the SVS Ultra is the main contributor,below 20Hz it is the sole contributor. The Epik Conquest eats two SVS Ultra (the model you have)down deep.

In the slam,your RF7's ..four of EM...like me FOUR RF7's and one RC7.Can provide HUGE slam when cut at 60-80Hz,the Conquest taking care of 80Hz and below. Yes IMO it beats dual RSW15's and one Ultra (original unit).

Here is an idea.get the Conquest...keep the RSW15's and enjoy killer slam and abyss depth. The Conquest takes care of fighting off two SVS Ultra13 !!! It is one mean mutha of a sub.[;)]