polk rti4 vs quintet

ilovesound

How would 2 pairs of polk audio rti4s stack up to my quintet 3s. im wondering because i think i might return my quintets and get the rti4s and save for a csi5. would i be better off keeping the quintets and just upgrading the center or returning them. i like loud music and movies so please tell me which is best.

PolkAudio speakers are ...mellow sounding,or should I say smooth,too smooth. Klipsch are more dynamic and also do not embelsih or hide like Polk.

On harsh recordings Klipsch spit and the Polk will make it sound better(as the speakers are a bit...too smooth) ,on quality recordings the Kipsch sound better,the Polk can sound too smooth.

The choice is in the ear of the beholder here. [:D]

For subs Polk audio is mostly to avoid,Klipsch beats them by a mile. In general Klipsch are a better purchase IMO.

• Moderators

TheEAR is correct about the sub. When I worked at Circuit City a few years ago, we kept blowing the Polk sub. It just couldn't handle the high demands of a good 5.1 movie. At that time, the Velodyne was clearly the sub of choice. It walked circles around the Polk.