Heresy III Impressions

HarryO

"HarryO:

Once I get the itch it has to be scratched.

Where have I heard that before ? You're a bad influence Harryo ..................

OB, Blame it on me? I'm not a bad influence. It's these da...ed horn speakers and all the little tweaks that bring them a little extra sparkle. You're the one hearing voices. Even if they are over the phone!!!

How's them big old speakers sound?

Harry

How's them big old speakers sound?

AWFUL, they are Thin in the Bass, no definition in the high's, you talked me into crossovers I didn't need. Boy, you're a fountain of Mis-Information ! The voices are becoming too powerful, and are starting to take over, I can't fight it much more, they are starting to make sense, I'm losing the battle, but I will win the war !!!!!!!!! .................... THEY'RE GREAT BUDDY ................. Sold the KG4's Yesterday ........ now trying to figure out what to do for rear channel ............... Got what I wanted, had to let them go, the Guy never batted an eye, looked, heard, payed, and left .........

Speaking of voices,

Have been leaning towards something like SS-1's or maybe RS-42's .............. Heresy's are probably the SMART choice, but to buy older ones knowing they probably need xovers (that's YOUR voice I hear) is not what I want to do ............. I really didn't mind doing the Cornwalls, that was a Right Call type of thing, they are now my showpieces, mouth opened, jaw droppers ............. Just looking for a good Home Theatre set-up, NOT THE BEST, just, good enough .... you know what I mean ............ I'll take my time, see what happens .............

It would be most interesting to put Heresy, Heresy II and Heresy III in a reference listening session. Older speakers, up to spec, of course. Great opportunity for historical comparison.

Sometime ago I thought I'd noticed that the K-28 was used in another Klipsch mode. Lately as I've searched the archives for that speaker I haven't been able to locate it. Now wondering if I just dreamed that.

Anyone know if the K-28 is used other than the Heresy III?

Daddy Dee, that would be interesting .............. put them all behind something, so you can not see them, and have expereinced listeners, and non-listeners make up the test group ............. When I had the La Scala's here , they were unhooked, had my H2's beside them playing, two different people told me, The Big speakers are awesome .............. didn't tell them it was the H2's ..........