Odd message from oliviaphill...

Islander

Well OB there are sticks in the mud who claim that the stooges were just rip-offs of the marx brothers. The stooges did use dewey, cheatham and howe in their act, and also cess, poole and draine, among others. I am a proud example of someone who grew up watching and being warped by the stooges, and my take is that just like in music, every artist owes something and draws from those who preceded them, and that's not a bad thing. Also, gals who like the stooges are totally cool, and also rare. My wife is actually one of those who don't like them, but that's about the worst trait I could possibly find in her, so I overlook the flaw and feel lucky anyway.

You know something, Eddie Mack was quite the cut up himself. Not well known but that young women on the piano was to become Eddie's third wife, that is just how Eddie rolled. She stabbed him in 1978 outside the Open Faced Sandwich Club and divorced him a year later and took for all he was worth, which was not much.

You know something, Eddie Mack was quite the cut up himself. Not well known but that young women on the piano was to become Eddie's third wife, that is just how Eddie rolled. She stabbed him in 1978 outside the Open Faced Sandwich Club and divorced him a year later and took for all he was worth, which was not much.

Sounds like a jazz player with a blues lifestyle.

To be honest, I didn't get it from Groucho (the Master), or the Three Stooges, a local park, Storytown, now Six-Flags, has an old train ride through an old West town, and one of the buildings is Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe's office ........... My favorite is a sign in a General Store, long gone, in Salem, New York, where we moved to when I was 15 it read like this ; "If you want credit,see our credit manager, go to HELEN WAITE" .... never forgot it...Ah Yes, from the City of Boston, to the country of New York ...................... I love it here, but I'm Cold !!!!!!!!!!! .... I like Groucho Marx Best !!!!