MacKlipschland 02

MacKlipsch

JD,

The lower height of the Belle in relation to the K-horns isn't noticable...The center channel is L-R mono and runs 6 db below the corners to "fill in" the center if you have a long enough wall to make it work....My wall is 20', which is probably borderline necessary, but it really makes a difference to me especially if I am not in the sweet spot....I assume the pup you are refering to is in front of the R speaker...plaster Basset....good dog...stay...thanks for the nice comments...

JMON,

I will dig out the camera again this weekend and post a pic of the back of the Belle....Nothing exciting however (except for ALK's)...just 2x4's on end wedged around the squaker to support the tv....I think you are right about the magnets....original drivers on the Belle were K-55M's which had an exposed magnet....I swapped Al K for a K-55V to match the K-horns....The Belle was bought 2 years later than the K-horns (1982)....Do the 1980 Belle's have different drivers than the 1982?...Anyone know???

Busa,

Seem to work fine so far...didn't have to shield anything on my set up....The Mac amp is a 2105 and a MC75 for the center...I know it's 1975 technology, but sounds great to me....have auditioned several subs, but haven't found one that made any difference in the overall quality of the low end...EXCEPT..for Bruce Edger's base horn that he makes, but I don't have a wall for it...It's huge, but is effecient enough to match and keep up with the Klipsch...He says he might be able to install one in my attic....This unit sounds great and is "only" about $1200 unfinished as I recall, but the WAF hit would be significant if you were unable to hide it somewhere...Anyone else heard one of these...Tom???

Edster,

The tv is a Sony 32" HS...it's HDTV ready, but need a decoder box and satellite dish to take full advantage I suspect...The folks at Direct TV claim the broadcasts will be 75% HDTV by this spring...I'll wait and see...Don't watch much television anyway...As far as the sound coming out below the TV...This is not a conventional HT set up, but a stereo with a mono center...I haven't yet gotten the HT bug, nor know much about it...Why does the traditional HT set up have the speak above the tv???...guess it doesn't sound weird to me as I never got used to a HT center...I'm not sure if my room is deep enough (15') to use rears if I ever got the bug....What do you think???

mdeneen,

Funny you should mention the Mac 3500's....I had a friend in high school who's dad bought 4 of these for a small auditorium he had built in back of his 4 car garage....had several JBL speakers arranged in various configs....really loud...Led Zeppelin loud.....was thinking of buying one of the Billy Bags CD racks that hold 1000 per rack...It would fit on the wall where the small bookcase with the Cd's are now.....Would be good for a few years anyway....I kind of enjoy looking at the jewel cases and the inserts with the words, etc.....storage does become a problem though...I see that you live in Healdsburg....I lived in Eureka for many years, and would always stop in Healdsburg for beer at the Red Tail brewery on my way to the city....Still have music there??

Al,

Still enjoying the networks....money well invested...

This message has been edited by MacKlipsch on 01-12-2002 at 12:36 AM

MacKlipsch,

As soon as I asked that question about the sound coming from below I wished I hadn't Frown.gif (silly question). I guess I should have edited it out.

As for using rears speakers, how far back are you sitting in your 15' deep room? The surrounds don't have to be far behind, they work well on the side too.

I don't watch much TV either but I am thinking about moving my HT to the basement so I can utilize my Khorns/Belles/Heresy's!

------------------

Ed W

Always weighing my opions kh...always weighing my options!

I would really like to see what HT would sound like with all big heritage speakers...

I would only do it if I could keep the 2 channel intact and be able to listen to it separately. It would be nice to have some kind of a dual system with some gear used only when watching a movie.

------------------

Ed W