Model of Klipsch Speakers

srobin

This isn't a technical question, but being brand new to the site I didn't really know which forum to pick. My husband and I are wanting to sell our Klipsch floor speakers. We can't find the owner's manual, but did look on the back and found the serial number. How would I find out the model #. We purchased these in 1986 and they have oak stained cabinets.

Ok - I checked the sticker on the back and the letters QRT are in the upper left corner. On down towards the bottom of the speaker on the back where you plug in the jacks it says Klipsch Quartet and below that it shows the year as 1989, so I was mistaken about that. I did get a photo of the speaker and have it ready to post. How do I add the photo?

Here's a link to the page for the Quartet (with photo):

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/quartet.aspx

No model number, as they only made one version of the Quartet.

To insert a photo, when you hit reply, above where you put in your text is an <options> tab. It opens a box to add/update, where you can browse to your picture (only one per post unless it's hosted on a photo sharing site). Choose your photo, and save it. You may need to scroll to the right to see the save button. Then post your reply.

Bruce

Those look to be in nice shape, but I don't know what they would sell for. Someone on here may come along and give you an honest idea. You could do a search on ebay and see what they have been selling for. Good luck.

Are you moving? I grew up about twenty miles southeast of Champaign-Urbana...

We will be moving at some point in time within the next 6-8 months and have decided to get rid of a few things we don't use anymore. We love Champaign-Urbana and the U of I and hate to leave. Would you have lived anywhere near Philo, Villa Grove or Charleston?

To Wuzzzer - I have been looking online and have come up with the same range. Thinking maybe asking $400-$500 though. They are in excellent condition. We also have a tall set of Polks to sell. Gotta get all the info on them and investigate their worth.

We will be moving at some point in time within the next 6-8 months and have decided to get rid of a few things we don't use anymore. We love Champaign-Urbana and the U of I and hate to leave. Would you have lived anywhere near Philo, Villa Grove or Charleston?

My grandparents lived in Villa Grove, uncle in Charleston. We lived in Homer, where my dad taught Civics, Driver's Ed, and was the ONLY coach. Had some relatives in Champaign, but most have passed away and I've lost touch with the others. Moved away from Homer to Peoria about '59, where I finished school.

Made a trip to Monticello last year, to deliver a set of Klipsch Chorus II speakers to a guy who has a collection. Stopped back through Homer and took a pic of the old house, still standing, built in the 1850s. What a trip... It's all a great area, even if it is flat.

Yes, it's very flat up here. We are both from East Tennessee and miss the mountains. Don't know where LaFayette, GA is, but we lived in Marrietta, GA for about 6 years back in the late 70's.

Well, I have all my pics and will now go to ebay and see what we get. After I get these sold, I'll do the same with the set of Polk's we have. Enjoyed the banter - thanks for all your help and also thanks to the others that gave some input. I'm a novice and really appreciate all the help.