Subwoofer Purchasing Advice

QUiKSR20

Looking to spend $600 or so most ( I am on a little bit of a budget )

Heres is my current Setup :

Receiver - Harmon Kardon AVR430
DVD Player - Harmon Kardon DVD22
Console - XBox 360 Elite
TV - Samsung 46' LNT4665F
Mains - Klipsch SB3 Bookshelves w/ Wood Tech Stands
Center - Klipsch SC1
Rear - Klipsch Quintetts
Sub - Klipsch KSW12 ( needs replacing )

My living room is 11x18 - but the room is kinda open and thats 16x18

Posted Image

Posted Image

Currently I am using my very tired Klipsch KSW-12 which is very boomy and muddy sounding.

I am looking to replace it with something of higher quality and something that will go nice with my current setup. So far the only 2 subs I have really been leaning to purchase has been the SVS PB10-NSD and the HSU VTF2 MK3 they fit the price range and from what I read will blow the doors off my current sub ( probaly isnt very hard ).

Please share experiences with this sub if you have any or let me know of some more alternatives in this price range..

I spend about 50/50 on HT and Music as well as video games but there just like HT.

Thanks Guys!

Klipsch Synergy Sub12, $470 at Best Buy, ~400 on ebay.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/synergy-sub-12.aspx

Second that.

Having demoed this little (not physically) beastie many a time, I can say with confidence that it'll easily outperform both the competition and your expectations.

Nice, clean setup, BTW

I have to agree with the others when they suggest the Synergy series. My room is about like yours in the respect that it's "not the ideal" theater room. By that I mean with all the openings like doorways, etc. I was considering a Sub 12 but ended up getting the Sub 10 because I didn't want the bass to be too over powering. Man this has had to be the best Theater/Audio upgrade that I made so far. This thing sounds better every day as it's breaking in. Fills the whole main listening area with rich full lows, as well as shake the floor. Reg. $400.00 @ Best Buy but I got it considerably lower on sale. Two thumbs up.

I can't wait to up grade the rest of my speakers to Klipsch.

Just my two cents worth.

I have to agree with the others when they suggest the Synergy series. My room is about like yours in the respect that it's "not the ideal" theater room. By that I mean with all the openings like doorways, etc. I was considering a Sub 12 but ended up getting the Sub 10 because I didn't want the bass to be too over powering. Man this has had to be the best Theater/Audio upgrade that I made so far. This thing sounds better every day as it's breaking in. Fills the whole main listening area with rich full lows, as well as shake the floor. Reg. $400.00 @ Best Buy but I got it considerably lower on sale. Two thumbs up.

I can't wait to up grade the rest of my speakers to Klipsch.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks Again guys,

While the Synergy 12 can be loud its not quite in the class of the HSU & SVS. These compete with subs of RW Class and beyond that but at the same price point. My synergy has been very boomy ( its loud ) but not too fast or responsive. I will definitaly look into Epik and possibly Outlaw as well, I have been hearing good things about there subs..

With a subwoofer the box construction and design is just as important as the woofer in it. The subs I have listed and the ones im looking for suggestions weigh in the 60lb+ range. They are priced from $429 - $499

One day ill upgrade my mains to Klipsch Reference but my Synergy bookshelves have been great.

there's an 80% chance that you've already experimented with placement, but

try listening to your sub behind your right main where that lamp is first. or any other corner for that matter. Placement is everything

Or, instead of spending $500 on a sub that covers 50hz of material out of 20,000... you could buy my dean g'd rf-7's and rock out. :)