KLIPSCH what a dissapointment

Judge17

I just have to say when i bought my first set of pro 4.1s i was astonished by the sound but after time went on i started to hear static and hiss from the right speakers. i thought no big deal i just bo to bestbuy and replace them and i did. i got my new set and not 12 days later the front speakers were barely working. come on klipsch if your gonna make a product at least make it last more than 12 days. Soon i will be getting the Logitech Z-560s and pray that i dont have no problems with them.

THX THE JUDGE

Hey judge what you just described is why I get so miffed at people who do written reviews of ProMedia speakers. They take them out of the box, play them and rave about them. Of course they're gonna sound good right out of the box. A pretty small percentage have defects right out of the box. They develop over a short period of time. In all fairness to prospective customers the reviews should be done over a longer period of time or have an honest follow up done by the same review listening to the same speakers a couple months later.

I agree with you BB. However, most companies only give review samples for a short period of time. I guess reviewers should request to keep them for longer periods of time. (By the way I still think you over exaggerate the deffectiveness of promedia speakers. I've had dual 2.1's for over a year now and they sound as good as they did on the first day. Actually they have become smoother since my first tests. Best computer speakers I've ever had. And don't say I've never heard good sound before. I have a reference system that I use for music and dvd's.)

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

hmm, i haven't been here for a while but i'm not surprised that people up until now are still getting defective sets.

I've moved on now, DEnon 3802 powering my Paradigm Studio 20's. My sound system now is in a different league from the four sets of 4.1's that i had.

This is just ridiculous though. All these busted sets and STILL the hardcore (i won't mention any names) people out there still recommend getting them replaced. Get over it guys, the problem ain't going to fix itself. People should stop shooting themselves on the foot. And people should stop giving other people blind hopes.

------------------

Education is an admirable thing. But it is well

to remember from time to time that nothing that

is worth knowing can be taught.

OW

This message has been edited by Vatican3 on 01-15-2002 at 11:59 PM

thanks oogins for the complement. I'd also like to thank you for the help you gave me when i was researching, cleared up a lot of things!

This home theater stuff though is really evil. All these upgrades that i'm already thinking down the road and i haven't even had my system for a month! Very addictive indeed.

------------------

OW

"Blind hopes" ....Hmmmm, you wouldn't be speaking of Justin and Amy would you vatican? cwm19.gif

Nice to see you got some rockin speakers!

PS mind me asking what you paid for the 3802? Thats a nice unit. I looked at it for a bit but it was a bit more than I could afford.

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 01-16-2002 at 05:55 PM

BigBusa, i think you guys know who i'm talking about. Its understandable with Amy since that's what she's instructed to do but for the others... That robot guy (again i won't mention any names) seems to be a little bit biased on this whole promedia fiasco. It's nice and all to put what Amy will usually say on your sig but a head count of all the people who have returned promedia speakers and maybe the date of he last known case would also be nice. Since mr robot dude has been here for an absolute eternity, he should know that that count would at least make people think twice about returning sets instead of getting a refund. Thus educating them more. It's senseless for people to be returning multiple sets (like me and many others did), just stop the bleeding early. And if those people REALLY want a Klipsch promedia set then wait until it all clears up (whenever that is). It's just stupid how defective sets have creeped from the v.200 line to the 4.1 line, and finally to the 5.1 line. THe different lines and still reliability problems? Simply Unacceptable for a company like Klipsch to allow that to happen.

BigBusa, i was leaning heavily towards the marantz 6200 but they are having "Klipsch promedia like" problems with their whole x200 line. It's not as bad as the sets would stop working but there are a number of issues that haven't been taken care of. So i chose the denon 3802. Even if it cost me $890 US here in canada. Yeah it would have been cheaper of the net but if something goes wrong shipping would be a pain, there's brokerage fees to worry about, and i don't know of any authorized denon online dealer.

I did heavy research on receivers and there aren't any nagging problems nagging the x802 line and the sound was great so i chose the 3802.

------------------

OW

This message has been edited by Vatican3 on 01-16-2002 at 06:12 PM

• Moderators

The failure rate on the ProMedia's is very, very low. Otherwise, we would discontinue selling them. When a problem does arise, we admit to it and fix it. Everyone is taken care of to the best of our abilities.

Vatican3,

No one is "instructing" me to say anything. What I post on the bulletin board is me being honest--it has been for a year and a half.

I understand you had a bad experience, and I'm sorry for it. But to call the ProMedias a "fiasco" is not only false, but unwarranted and unfair.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

I'm with Amy on this one. I don't have the 4.1s or 5.1 (though I've listened to them both). I have a year-old set of v.2-400's and still love them. For the price I paid and the amount of use I've gotten out of them, I'm very pleased.

While the Denon/Paradigm combo sounds better, you paid much more than promedia owners. I have trouble believing there are that many "problem cases" out there. The people that complain on this board are the computer geeks (myself included) who actually know how to use message boards.

Bear in mind all the people who've bought promedias, are pleased with them, and just don't have anything to complain about like those people here.

There are not even a tiny fraction of the complaints with the Synergy, Reference or Heritage lines. There are definite manufacturing and design problems here. I work in manufacturing and understand the type and frequency of these problems: they have very real causes. These problems are not accidents; they are the inevitable consequences of shortcut product development and cheap offshore manufacturing with inadequate oversite (China is no bargin unless your the CEO). If these were tires or medical supplies the Klipsch Corp. would be on the front page of every major newspaper but it's just computer speakers and young peoples money; maybe us young Americans are just a bunch of pushovers.

See ya.

This message has been edited by Audry on 01-22-2002 at 10:37 PM

Audry, i hear you loud and clear.

My replacement for the Promedia 4.1

Denon 3802 = made in Japan

Paradigm Studio 20's = made in Canada

i'm going to avoid getting expensive equipment that's made in china like a plague.

------------------

OW

Real audiophiles dont like the pro medias sound. It's not only the reliability problems.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?fn=view_thread&t=6366

No one here really liked them.. Not even the EAR.

However, they are saying bad things about Klipsch, and not just the CPU speakers.

Is there something wrong with synergy? Or RF3's?? Whats bad about Klipsch???

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

I love my Reference Rb5s. The Synergy line is a darn good speaker for the money. The Heritage line are in my opinion probably the most satisfying speakers ever made and I hope they come back. Klipsch for some insane reason chose to make some total garbage China crap computer speakers.

BB

------------------

eat your vegetables

This message has been edited by Big Bean on 01-21-2002 at 09:58 PM

Big bean,

I agree with you 100%. Nothing should have a failer rate like the klipsch PC systems. Yet I still havn't herd the heritage line..

Promedia sounds good, but last shortly.

For a PC, I say by a CHEEP reciever, and quints. Or synergy6..

Thankyou

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

quote:

Originally posted by matthew2:

For a PC, I say by a CHEEP reciever, and quints. Or synergy6..

Thankyou

That would be more of a home theator and then a computer system then a computer system and then occasinal hometheater setup. going upto and over $1000 for the whole deal. I will stick to my 5.1's for now... though i hope to some day have some real klipsch speakers, la scalas, heresy, rf-7's etc Smile.gif but that will be a while... a long while LoL!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you,out of the box I had no channel seperation on the rears.Back to best buy.The second set worked great but now I am starting to lose my right rear,it's getting less audible than the rest.I have 20 days on best buys return policy and the logitecs keep looking better.Amy was no help!

Hi edy,

As you can see from this forum there are critics as well as defenders of the pro media line. Will you and the other posters join me in asking Amy to provide actual failure rates and returned product statistics for the pro media lines.

-AMY-

Will you please provide the (very very low) numbers that you speak of? I am sure you don't have the information in front of you so take the time you need but please do respond.

Thanks,

BB

------------------

eat your vegetables

This message has been edited by Big Bean on 02-17-2002 at 10:58 PM

• Moderators

edy,

Swap the green and purple plugs in the soundcard to determine if the problem is with the soundcard or connection. If the problem moves to the front right speakers, it's soundcard related.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com