Seems like I've been gone forever

SCOOTERDOG

Man it seems like I have been on the board in ages. Life has been very busy and my video side of my addiction has kept me busy.

How the hell is everyone? I came back only to discover that our dear friend Buckley passed away. I am sad at the loss of such a fine person and I know many are too. I wish nothing but the best for his family.

I really don't know where to start. It's like you come to a point in this hobby (as we all know) and then you make a right turn and start on something else. I just finished making some changes in my theater room. I have moonlighted over at the avs forum the last couple of months with a group of diy'ers. I just completed my new 124" diag acoustic transparent screen. I was so nervous cutting a big ol hole in my in my stage wall so I could mount my center in the middle of it but all turned out good. Sounds excellent now that the dialog is centered in the middle of the screen. Attached are a couple of pics. Keep in mind the pics are prior to the finished work.

I'll talk to guys soon.

scooter

post-8797-13819361234806_thumb.jpg

Good to see you around, Scoot! The height/positioning of the center speaker makes a HUGE difference in the sound of a system. I found this out when I moved my center speaker off of the floor and onto a small children's table (we're not done w/the theater yet so making do) that is closer to head level. Wow, the difference was dramatic.

Your room looks great!

BTW, do you have the capability to toe your center speaker up/down to get it dialed in just right?

Thanks guys,

dkp,

Good question and yes I do have the ability. I actually have it toed down about 8 degrees. It sounds so much more natural having the center in the middle of the screen. Ssaturday I made a jet black AT grill that fits in the hole I cut so that way those copper wooffers don't stand out when the light from the pj is on.

scooter