opinions on H/K 330c

White_Hawk

Waiting to see what the condition is, but I'll be using it to drive a pair of Heresy II's. I've heard they are 15wpc but that they are good "clean" watts. Will I be left wanting a bit more headroom or is this something I should pick up? No word on price as of yet.

Waiting to see what the condition is, but I'll be using it to drive a pair of Heresy II's. I've heard they are 15wpc but that they are good "clean" watts. Will I be left wanting a bit more headroom or is this something I should pick up? No word on price as of yet.

Given the fact the little Harmon Kardon 330c receiver is a good 30 years old, they may not be the cleanest watts. But they are laid back sounding and mesh up with Klipsch ok.

I don't know how much headroom you require. The receiver won't have headroom like the Crown XTI-2000 in your signature. If you can get it for dirt cheap and it's still in good shape and operates fine, why not?

I picked up a HK 330B for a friend around 4 or five years ago for 35 bucks at a yard sale (spokane) with baby Advent speakers. It has the walnut wood case. It served him well until 3 weeks ago.

Inputing the main amp jacks, the amp section of the receiver still works fine. Input any other jacks, or use the tuner, the things sound really pinched. I'm slowly trying to figure out why.

If I can find the issue, (pre-driver board I think) I might just recap the little receiver. Already swapped out a couple few. I think these old receivers get stale sounding with the 30+ year old electrolytic capacitors.

This 330B is made in Taiwan.

Like Mike said if you can get it for a song then go for it. It may work for awhile or forever. I have a 330c and have had the 330b as well. The B was nicer as far as sound and such. The C is more stylish looking I think from my memory. But looks aint everything. Don't pay anymore than 20-40 bucks and no one gets hurt. Mark

The 330C and the 430 have the same exact circuit boards for the amp, preamp, and tuner. The 430 has dual power transformers and puts out a whopping 5W more power. The parts for the FM muting are not installed on the 330C. That's about it.