klf20 vs forte ll

Ha. A trick question. The specifications are very close and the mid and tweeter are close if not identical. I've not heard a KLF-20. Obviously a good unit.

I love my Forte II and based on that, give it a vote.

In my view, the Forte II is more beautiful with its base and unlike the KLF it comes in walnut.

I like the sound of the passive radiator in the Forte II.

One plus for the KLF is that it is taller. This might be helpful if you have furniture in the way or have a high seating position. Some people might like the beanpole effect, just more slender, and maybe less intrusive.

Gil

I've never heard a klf 20. I have been listening to forte II's ever since they came out. This won't help you much for objectivity but on this forum there are lots of forte II owners who have an almost cult devotion, and very little of the same for klf 20 owners. Like I said, no objectivity or scientific validity, just anecdotal experience.

ive never heard forteII ive heard klf20 very good as a matter of fact i own klf10 for 7 years and im still amazed by the sound i love klipsch speakers i listen to a lot of heavy guitar music heavy metal and big horn loaded efficent speakers handle that great.....

Here's my $0.02... I'm fortunate to own a pair of each...

The Forte II is "smoother" and more "laid back" through the midrange and high frequencies, with a very solid "warm" low end.

The KLF 20's are more "up front" through the midrange and high frequencies (probably because of their height) and have a somewhat "punchy" low end. Though the low end frequency response of the Forte is rated a bit lower (32Hz vs 34Hz), the KLF 20's sound like they reach down quite a bit more (at least in my room).

For comparison, the midrange and tweeter on the KLF 20 (with spikes on the bottom) are respectively 5 inches higher than they are on the Forte II.

Forte II - Just about any type of music sounds great coming through these.

KLF 20 - If you like rock, metal, rap and/or anything with big dynamics and like to occasionally "feel the music" then you can't go wrong with the 20's.

• Like 1

forte II lovers have dubbed it the 'little Klipschorn' over the years. That should say enough.

That being said, the KLF crowd say that they have some of the rockingest speakers we ever made.

Thanks gpbusa for telling it exactly like it is. Very well put sir.

I'd say there's something for everyone. The forte does want to be placed away from the wall quite a bit.

I've not spent time a great deal of time with the KLF, though the C7 is my center of choice. I like the smooth low end of the forte II quite a bit. There seems to be so much more 'control' over the deep bass with passive radiators versus ported designs, at least to my ears.

Been a fan of the KLF-20's for over a dozen years. Sound clarity is more than I could ever have hoped for. I distinctly remember spending about 3 and a half hours in the listening room of the rather high end store switching between speakers over and over and over. It really finally came down to the KLF-20's vs the 30's and really, the 20's sounded better. They were just so efficient. Low volume truly rocks these speakers. Years later at another high end store, I mentioned my KLF-20's and the selection process. The tech there, confirmed the superiority of the 20's. For music ranging from Savage Grace's All Along the Watch Tower and those piercing song ending vocals, or the opening track bells on Lord of the Dance, or the New Age guitar of Govi, or the Smooth Jazz of 3rd Force or Craig Chacio, or the drums from Collin's In The Air Tonight (theme from Miami Vice), the KLF-20's really fill the air. Even country sounds good.

As for the Forte ll's, no experience here. But from the postings, they read like they would be an excellant choice as well.

After reviewing the specs, it seems that the KLF-20 have a 100 more watts (rated at 200/800 max) and have an additional 20 pounds in weight. Having owned the KLF-20's, I'd pick those again.

I've never heard a klf 20. I have been listening to forte II's ever since they came out. This won't help you much for objectivity but on this forum there are lots of forte II owners who have an almost cult devotion, and very little of the same for klf 20 owners. Like I said, no objectivity or scientific validity, just anecdotal experience.

I have never heard a Forte II. Although they don't have the cult following, but based on the same criteria let me cast my vote for the KLF 20's which sound excellent for Music and for Home Theater matched with the KLF C-7. ;-)