Favre to Retire

Good post Tom. One would think that racing fuel prices have to do with supply and demand curves, refinery capacities and profit margins, crude prices which are effected by exchange rates among other things and of course a host of other possible real economic factors. What we have learned here is that it's all politics. We could possibly work religion into the equation, and for sure some wag might find a way to factor in sex as well.

• Moderators

[8-)]

To get back on track, ESPN was on in the cafe today, but muted. Favre was on the screen for what seemed like the entire lunch hour--what on earth was he saying for that long? Or were they just showing highlights of every press conference he's had so far about retiring? [:)]

Joking aside, I am sad to see him go. But it is hard to believe he's my age, and "retiring!"

Being a life long Vikings fan, I'd like to be able to say good riddins.....however that just ain’t the case. Brett Favre was a text book example of what a good role model athlete should be. He played with class, determination, and loyalty. IMO he is the NFL equivalent of a Tony Gwynn or a Cal Ripkin Jr. The NFL will miss him for sure and I know the Cheeseheads will be a bit lost without him fro a while. You cannot just replace a guy like this.

Brett was a Great One, but time for the Packers to re-tool and move ahead ............. Atleast this way Brett calls the shot, not some unseen injury forcing him out .............. It's a different League now, I didn't say better, I said different !!!!!!!!! Still a FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER !!!!!!!!