Gas Prices.........

askbob1

AskBob- Welcome to the Madness!

You'll learn that we all have our little catch phrases around here. It's a good gang.

My Accord is only getting 24 MPG!?!?! Must be all the stop and go on the interstate? It always used to get 28-30.

We are so far away moving from an oil based economy because there is so much oil located in this planet.I mean I am as green as the next guy, but part of the problem is refinery space and another part is the environment. People want cheap oil but NIMBY (not in my back yard(or some place that there is an endangered animal)). Heck the US has more than enough coal to keep us warm for a 100 years and its real cheap to boot.

anybody here ever read the monthly publication 'imprimis'? it is put out monthly free of charge by hillsdale college in hillsdale michigan. they have very intelligent people write some of the best articles. straight to the point without the political b.s. just so happens this month's issue was about energy usage in the u.s and abroad. very interesting.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis.asp

I like to be short, sweet and with no point.

Boy, he's got that Nailed Down Tight ............. EH ? ..... Jacksonbart, I'll heading down to your area pretty soon, we ought to get together, sure would like a ride in that Vette !!!!!!!! Bring a can of Mace incase you don't like me !!!!!!!!!

We used to use coal at home when I was a kid,,,A coal stove in every room....It is a different kind of heat,,Very comforting... And you want to know something interesting??? not a black lung or resperatory problem in the whole community. It was my chore to take out the klinkers,,Good morning excercise,,,Makes for a strong back.... As far Amy,s spring cleaning of this site I must disagree...Politics is part of our life and part of what controls our destination in energy conservation. Good showing Amy you get a C- this time.

• Moderators

I was reading Paragraph #4 must be over 13, does that mean age or how I act, I could be in trouble sometimes if it's not age ?

Your doing a good job Amy, you have to deal with the nut's on the forum, and I know they have some in your building also !

• Moderators

I was reading Paragraph #4 must be over 13, does that mean age or how I act, I could be in trouble sometimes if it's not age ?

It's got to be chronologically, because some days I wouldn't be allowed on here either. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to post something like

"Nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo," and be done with it.

[:)]

But gas prices IS connected with politics otherwise this forum site has a double standard... What your giving yourself a A+? next thing you,l want to do is crown yourself Queen. Your misinterpreting paragraph 5 rule..... Plus US constitutional rules. No law breaking comments were made on this site. All were connected with price controll and economic hardship in our country. Politics is part of that conversation... You cant have your cake and eat it too.... You still get a C- You cant pump oil or distribute gas or make electricity without first going through a political process in those areas,,, they are both connected.

Like CHAVEZ wanting to start a war with Columbia? Because Columbia went after terrorists in Equador? That spark could curtail importing OIL to our country.... Sending prices of oil even higher... Think of that next time you turn up your thermostat.

• Moderators

But gas prices IS connected with politics otherwise this forum site has a double standard... What your giving yourself a A+? next thing you,l want to do is crown yourself Queen.

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously (my comments, not the topic at hand). I was correct in my original judgement that this topic does not belong on a company sponsored audio forum.

Let's take a break from it, and I respectfully request that no one start up this topic again in a new thread.

Thanks!