Khorn crossover recommendation?

HarryO

I'm putting another pair of Khorns together and would like to know your favorite crossovers. I've got As and AAs laying around now. They're ok and I'll probably use one or the other but my options are open and I'm wanting a very good sound from them. I know some of you guys are into trying different options.

Thanks,

Harry

The new K'horns cross at 450 and 4500 so it can't be too weird...

Apples and oranges Marshall. Klipsch uses some fairly steep slopes on the new filters. You can't drop to 4500 with a first order network unless you go with Bob's tweeter.

post-3205-1381936684989_thumb.jpg

The combination Marshall has mentioned using the CT125 tweeter and crossing at 4500hz (with K55 in my system) was the best my Khorns ever sounded.

Dean is right that attempting this crossover change with type A or AA would be risky to your K77, though Bob Crites did it without damaging his K77.

One other thing, in my room, I ran the squawker off the #3 autoformer tap. This lowered the squawker by 3db, which sounded just right to my ears.

The new K'horns cross at 450 and 4500 so it can't be too weird... Apples and oranges Marshall. Klipsch uses some fairly steep slopes on the new filters. You can't drop to 4500 with a first order network unless you go with Bob's tweeter.

Dean, you are absolutely right on that one; Bob had told me that at some point and I completely forgot about it. I only use the CT-125 with the A/4500, and actually it sounds better with the D250X instead of the K-55 (probably for the same "steep" slope reasons).