KG4 or Forte most like KG2?

textures

Finally got fed up with mediocre sound and am outfitting my listening areas with nice setups. Got some Totem Speakers and a Jolida 707 by the TV and that works, have a Jolida 302 hooked up to my KG2s in the bedroom and love them. Now I just want to know which speaker to look for a deal on in the long term next.

I will likely pick up a Jolida 202 and either run the KG2's on it or run whatever new speaker I get on it. What I am wondering is which is going to do me better for primarily music listening for everything from Modern Rock, Alternative, and Electronic to classic Soul and Motown, but not much Classical or Jazz. Obviously clean, present bass and great midrange is important.

Based on my price range and size constraints I am thinking that the KG4 or the Forte would do me best, but I doubt I am going to find them together for a listen-off ever. So if you were me, which would you search for? Thanks for any input.

KG4 a 2 way just like the KG2's ................ but for the long haul you might consider the Forte 3 ways, might be a better buy ........... I liked my KG4's, but once you hear the 3 ways, you'll see, I mean Hear, what I mean !!!!!! Those TOTEMS are nice speakers ..... EH ? What model are they ?

Those TOTEMS are nice speakers ..... EH ? What model are they ?

I scored a great deal on some Totem Hawks and they are amazing, fantastic soundstage and every sound just floats into your ears. Still working on placement, but very satisfied.

Honest answer ................... NO !!!!!!!!!!! ... Depends on where your looking to go, are you're happy with the 2 ways, or do you want to step up a notch? The Fortes are a better purchase. I don't care for Forte's, so I bought Cornwalls, to go with my Heresy 2's, and after 18 years of ownership sold my KG4's. If you like a horn section with your music, the choice is simple ............. Forte's ......... you'll never look back !!!!!!!

Well that settles that, time to keep my eyes open for a set of Forte over the next few months. Thanks for the advice. One more question however: Is there anything else in the same size/audio class as the KG2? I am very impressed with it for its size and price.

I have the same impression you have regarding the kg2. I''ve had a pair of these speakers for almost 20 years and believe they perform very well. For their size, they dig fairly deep and have good dynamics. It's hard to believe they are considered a bookshelf speaker when compared to todays "bookshelf' speaker.

Regards,

Carl