B&K Reference 3220 vs. Parasound 2250

Youthman

• Moderators

Would you recommend a B&K Reference 3220 or a Parasound 2250 amp to power the RF-83's? I know it is is not apples to apples but I am looking at a few amps. I'm new to separate amps so I am unfamiliar with what to look for in a good solid state multi-channel amp. I have read great things about pairing Parasound with Klipsch speakers. I have heard terms tossed around "damping factor", "current" etc but am not familar enough with them to know what to look for in a good amp. Any advice would be appreciated as I consider adding an amp to my system.

About 60 music/40 HT but that will likely change in a year when we build our theater room.

I am using a B&K Reference 7270 (same as the 200.7 which should be nearly identical to the 3220 methinks) and love the sound with my RF-7 setup. I had a Parasound amplifier in my system a while back but it was used to power the surrounds so I cannot comment on it.