McIntosh arrived today

PYRO

I believe the C2200 is one of the best investments I've made soundwise - I've had mine about four months now and I'm still blown away by it. Enjoy your new toy. I'm an unabashed McIntosh nut and you're hearing why every time you turn on your system.

Bill are you still using the stock tubes?

In my quest for my perfection I am trying to get educated on what tubes would be good for the C2200.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob - yes, I'm still using stock tubes and I don't have a good reason except financial. Between my 2102 and th 2200, if I start tube rolling, it will get a little expensive. I will definately be doing so in the future. I would look over at the Mac board on the AK site - there are a lot of knowledgeable Mac users there that have very definate ideas about tube selection. Good luck.

I am still drooling. I remember reading that when changing components in a system that speakers give you 80% so I went from RF-7's to LSII's, Big change! Replaced my Rotel RMB-1095 with the MC252 ~ 8% change. Went from a Rotel RSP-1066 to the C2200 ~30%........Bottomline my system is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much the direction I went when I sold my Rotel RB1080 and bought an MC252. Then I assigned my Carver MX-R150 to other duties and first bought a C33 and then a C46.

Going from the Rotel to the Mac was huge for me. The Rotel sounded o.k. but it didn't start making well-balanced "music" till after the first 1/2 to 3/4 of a watt. And I was wanting an amp to listen to while I was reading or having conversation with friends. The Rotel just couldn't do that to my satisfaction.