RSW-12 Crossover/LFE Settings

Emil

Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with my setup. I've just added an RSW-12, and it's connected to the sub pre-out of my Integra DTR 5.2 receiver. I read on the Integra website that the receiver has a set crossover of 80 hz, so my question is in this case does the crossover knob setting on my sub come into effect or is predetermined by the receiver at 80 hz. I've tried adjusting it while playing a test tone but I can't seem to hear any difference.

I'm also curious as to what effect disabling or enabling the LFE mode will have if the signal is coming from the sub pre-out of the receiver.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

What if I'd like to bypass the receiver's crossover setting? How would I go about doing that? Ideally I would like to try and tweak the sub crossover so that I can get the best combination with my mains and centre.

My receiver doesn't have an adjustable crossover frequency though, it is 80 hz by default. The setup sounds great at the moment, but I'm curious if I can somehow bypass the receivers set crossover and use the sub crossover to tweak my sound.