Footers for r-7's

tblake10

Any advice out there on how to anchor the rf-7's? My floor is carpet over a concrete slab. I took off the stock footers and currently have brass spikes going through the carpet and contacting the concrete. I hear that spiking into concrete is not the best.

My RF-7s are sitting on top of carpeting which lies over a concrete floor (in our basement). I never installed the feet. One note of caution: with little ones running around the feet may provide the extra stability needed to prevent the speakers from tipping over if bumped.

Welcome to the forum. I've used my RF-7's with the spikes. I now use them with the rounded feet. There's no audible difference. The down side to using the spikes is when you want to move the speaker. You have to pick the speaker straight up as it will not slide, and as you know, the RF-7's aren't light. I use mine primarily for HT, so all the lower stuff goes to my sub. Without the 7's trying to reproduce the lower information, there's less speaker movement because the drivers aren't moving as much.