Jazz LPs For Sale - SOLD

garymd

Sorry for doing this in 2-channel but I think more folks possibly interested will see it here. If it's a problem, I'm sure the moderators will let me know.

This is a package deal. I'm going to try and do this once a week if I can. It might be rock, it might be jazz but it will usually be audiophile pressings or originals on occasion. Almost always NM vinyl and almost always being sold because I have more than one copy.

This week I have the following:

Sonny Rollins, Way Out West (Stereo) - Analogue Productions 180 gram Limited Edition # 1291, NM both vinyl and cover

Lee Morgan, Lee-Way (Stereo) - Japanese (Toshiba) pressing w/OBI, NM vinyl, cover and OBI

Cannonball Adderley Quintet In Chicago (w/Coltrane) - Original Mercury Stereo Pressing, vinyl looks NM, might have a very light scuff or two I can't see under normal light, cover has a 3" piece of tape along the outside edge of the top seam. Great album!

Curtis Counce, Counceltation - 70s Stereo Contemporary reissue of You Get More Bounce With Curtis Counce, NM - Such a great album I bought the $50 45 rpm reissue. Honestly, it doesn't sound much better to my ears but it has the original cover which is very pleasing to the eyes.[:P]

Blue label Blue Note Stereo pressing of Coltrane's Blue Train - Vinyl looks VG++ but I haven't played it in years. I'm sure it plays just fine. Cover has a corner cutout - VG.

Supersax Plays Bird - Original Capital pressing, not a valuable album by any means but I have the MOFI version and will never play it. Vinyl looks NM to my eyes. Cover is VG.

All have been cleaned on my VPI 16.5 and are in plastic covers with MOFI rice sleeves.

Those who know me also know I usually throw in freebies if there is room in the box.

$100 includes shipping. Paypal add 3%. Check or MO is fine. First to respond either here, PM or email to my hotmail account: gdpowers_7@hotmail.com.

Thanks. I'll be back later today so if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm heading out the door.

- Gary

crud, I was just checking out the Counce on Amazon..the later cover 'more bounce to the ounce' is surely groovy. ..

guess I'd better say 'sold' first, check em out later. Maybe next time Gary.

arrggh, just watched some of Lee Morgan on Night in Tunisia- what a talent.

I need to learn more so I don't miss out on Gary's next big Jazz sale. This set is a tremendous value. Congatulations to the lucky buyer.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I didn't GIVE them away though! Yes, I paid more for them and yes, if you bought them elsewhere you'd not only pay more but they might or might not be in the stated condition. However, $100 is still a tidy sum for a half dozen records. Still, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Wade should be very happy with these. In particular, if you haven't heard the Analogue Productions version (either 33 1/3 or 45) of Way Out West, you should try to find a copy. Amazing! Hard to believe it's only a trio. Shelly Manne's solo on I'm An Old Cowhand is worth the price of admission by itself.

I'll be going through many of my albums over the next few weeks and I'll try to organize them in $100 batches if possible. My wife is thrilled BTW. She doesn't usually look in the back corner of the basement where I keep my jazz LPs and last night when she happened upon them, she asked if I thought she wouldn't notice that the number of boxes seem to have mutiplied considerably over the past few months. I told her it was just her imagination. I won't repeat her response since this is a family forum.

Edit: Oh crap. That's only about $15 per record after shipping costs. I might have to rethink this!!

I own the 33 1/3 version of the Ben Webster Live At The Renaissance from AP and it's fantastic! I guess I should check the ebay prices of the OOP AP LPs before selling them. That Way Out West LP is probably getting more valuable every day. I happened upon a 45 rpm test pressing which is why I sold the 33 1/3. Now THAT is an amazing sounding record!! I sold my original mono copy a long time ago.

I just got done listening to all of the Jazz albums I purchased from Gary. Wow!!!

They all sound great! I love all of them. I don't think I could even pick a favorite.

These will be favorites in my collection forever.

If anyone gets the opportunity to buy any of Gary'sLP's you better jump on it.
Excellent to perfect condition, profesionally cleaned and packaged, what more could anyone ask for?
Not to mention the couple of "freebies" that Gary so generously threw in.

Gary is truly a gentleman, a scholar and one awesome audiophile!

I kinda feel like I won the Klipsch forum LP lottery.

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time I guess.

Thanks again,Gary, I truly appreciate it.

Wade