dSLR Advice

damonrpayne

I gotcha...was hopin' to save lil brother some green by "gifting" him my lenses...didn't work out and didn't know why because I had "heard" that he could use 'em...'cept that he bought the Nikon that couldn't...sorry...coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

Bill

You can choose a Canon or Nikon. They are both great DSLR camera's. But after you choose your camera, your pictures are only as good as your lens and that can run into some money. Also, when your looking at DSLR camera specs, be sure to look at the image sensor.

whenever I hear ANYONE talking about digital cameras...especially the DSLRs...it is ALWAYS Canon or Nikon...many people don't believe Sony is a real camera (I don't think this way but many do...)...I had a DSC F717 and have a little DSC T1 (I was swayed by their goodness and the Zeiss lenses...) and wanted the bigger one's but I just never seemed to use the camera enough...either I had it with me but then you are married to the camera so it doesn't get stolen (events, dances, weddings, etc) or I didn't have it with me when I needed it...

Bill

I continue to use an old Mavica for the occasional Internet picture.

I will probably not buy a digital camera which uses prorietary batteries.

Another issue for me is that the LCD display washes out in daylight. My solution was to buy a 35 mm slide viewer. The diffuser pops off. Then I taped it to camera. The field of view of the viewer is quite a bit larger than the film in the cardboard mount. Pretty much up to 2 inches by 2 inches. Naturally this could be used with other cameras. Maybe Velcro to attach?

These are becoming difficult to find. but Central Camera in Chicago has a box full. They go for $7 apiece. As a sage wrote, "When you find something you like, buy two before they stop making them.

post-2552-13819367818276_thumb.jpg