Claiming my free klipsch image ear gels... can't find my serial number!!

royhendo

Hi all

I've lurked thus far (while I was doing my research before buying my images)... anyway, I've now bought them and would like to claim my free ear gels, but to do it online, i need the serial number, and i can't find it on the headphones themselves, or on the box. where should i be looking?

Loving the product so much, by the way.

Roy

thanks for getting back to me Amy, much appreciated [:D]

can i offer some feedback?

first of all, they sound incredible 'out of the box' and the bass, without tinkering, is just delectable.

the seal is also very easy to achieve and they've rendered my preference for custom earmoulds (used with in-ear buds I've used before) redundant.

however, one snag. i've had them a week now, and as i insert them quite deep within my ear canals, the rubber (I presume it's rubber) curved 'stress reducing connector' that connects each ear bud to the cable has split on both phones. It's just a tiny split, but it's because the end of the connector sits within my ear 'cavity' (no idea what the proper term is, but I mean the gristly 'cave' at the opening of the ear canal surrounded by the earlobe (LOL)).

The bud sits at quite a steep angle and so the cable is bent in the opposite direction to the rubber connector (against the grain, if you like). Presumably that's led to the split happening - not sure if it'll get any worse - is there any way I can fix it? Do you sell replacement rubber connector inserts?

Just don't want my beloved images to get too busted up, is all.

A fantastic product and I have to say (as an ER-4P user who prefers electronic 'head' music) you've really achieved something wonderful.

Roy

Hi again Amy

For future reference, a couple of questions...

Is it possible to buy XL versions of the ear gels (particularly the double flanges) - i.e. a size bigger than the ones that come with the earphones as standard?

And also - where can you buy ear gels full stop? Say I lose them - where do I go to buy replacements? I couldn't find a relevant section on the klipsch online store.

Cheers

Roy

And also - where can you buy ear gels full stop? Say I lose them - where do I go to buy replacements? I couldn't find a relevant section on the klipsch online store.

I'll second this. I'm a medium double-flange size, but getting an extra set or two would be nice to have around.

• Moderators

We will have them on in our online store shortly. I'll post an announcement here when they are ready.

I don't believe we'll have any larger sizes available than what comes with them.

Thanks!

I don't believe we'll have any larger sizes available than what comes with them.

Darn. I think I could use a larger sized single flange and maybe the double flange would work better for me if larger.

I'll try to bring my Custom 2 to the Pilgrimage and have Professor Thump take a look if he's going to be around.... I hope so as I'm hoping we can compare all the production 'phones and find out if there's any new developments.

I think extra small tips are available for those with smaller ear canals than normal.