Center for Chorus II / KG4

psykizero

I recently aquired a set of Chorus II speakers, and thought I would try to build a HT system from my current setup. I already have an excellent set of KG4s and a Synergy Sub-10. My question would be, what would be a good center to match up to the Chorus as fronts and the KG4s as backs?

Any help would be much appreciated

I used a KLF-C7 for a long time between my Chorus II's and it sounded pretty good... But if you have the room/space to accomodate it, put a Forte II in the middle. Now things sound great! I'd put a Chorus II up front if I had the room to stand one up, but the Forte II does a great job.

If you don't have the room to stand one up, even after taking off the riser, you could lay the Forte II on it's side.

Wow, you guys are fast. Wasn't expecting this much help. Good job!

Anyway, I was looking for a speaker that would fit on top of my entertainment center, so not quite enough room for a chorus or a forte. That klf-c7 looks good, but they are proving to be difficult to find. I actually have a promo through work to order synergy or ref series speakers at cost... any ideas on which of those would be decent enough?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak for the reference but I don't think the synergy would be a good match. As the others have mentioned, your best bet is a KLF or Academy. If you wait long enough one or both will turn up on Ebay. It will only be a matter of how much you're willing to spend to get it. My Academy cost me, IIRC, $540. Way too much but in all honesty it is a perfect and seamless match with my Forte II's so I'd do it again if I had to.