Lone Star Audio Fest

Lonelobo

Just as an aside, for those who love good Mexican food and are attending. At the corner of Inwood and I-35 (just around the corner) there is a Texaco Station on the Northwest corner. Inside that Texaco Station Store is a Subway(boring) and a window where you can order some of the best Tacos in the state. But only if you like carmelized onions, grilled jalapeno's and really flavorful and hot reg and green sauces. There is a window on the outside of the building as well. Best of all, it's cheap. I tried TACO TACO in San Antonio (reported by a major gourmet food magazine to have the best Taco's in the U.S.) and these will put those to shame. More flavor, less hype...kind of like Frazier Tacos.

Well that settles it. I'm coming for the tacos and I'll drop by for the audiophilia. [:D]

One must keep one's priorities straight.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girfriend said "were going to Dallas to do what?". She has something else in mind so it looks like we are going the other direction :( I need to plan more in advance for one of these events or work harder on my reality distortion field.

You could just drop her off at NorthPark Center, and she won't care where you went!

Paul, sorry I missed seeing you. Saw Ron and Ron.

...and I heard NOTHING that could touch your Jubilees.

Tried to make it to Gingerman's, was waiting on a friend who didn't show up. I'm cell phoneless! Terrific meeting you!

Ron,

It was great to meet you (all too briefly).

Let's be sure and petition Klipsch for a Hope Pilgrimage so we can all get together (or maybe we ought to just do a DFW Hornfest).

Ron,

It was great to meet you (all too briefly).

Let's be sure and petition Klipsch for a Hope Pilgrimage so we can all get together (or maybe we ought to just do a DFW Hornfest).

I agree. It has been about a year since we had a Hornhead meeting at Jeff's.

Spoke to Ron (LoneLobo variety) late in the day and he was in a hotel room with a couple of hot speakers, a TT, and the Blue Note release of note. Didn't seem al that interested in talking to me.

I am also hoping for a pilgimage to the first home of Klipsch, Hope, in the not too distant future. Indy is a fine town, but Hope is, well HOPE. That ol' plant had something no modern building could ever match, and the employees out shooting hoops and such during the breaks was something else. It was so quiet...PWK said they did their cutting and such at certain times and the rest of the time it was just quiet sanding and gluing and hand work.

Dave

OK, here is the report...

I could not wait to hear my system again. There was some nice stuff there, some affordable, some more than a surround sound set up with Palladiums... Did hear single driver speakers for the first time. They are nice in the mids, but lack the lower grunt that I love about mine. I like to feel the bass in my chest I guess. There was also a set of infinite baffle diy's there. They actually sounded pretty good, particularly at that price point.

I am sure that i ran into you other guys and just had no idea that it was you all. What were you wearing, I had on a brown Texas Law shirt yesterday, a red and white striped shirt on today...

Paul

So, I just got thru listening to Dave Brubek's Take Five on my gear. That seemed to be the theme song of the show.

And, I honestly feel that my system outdoes all of the systems there. Just my opinion of course, but there was some pricey stuff there.

Always kinda scary to go listen to other high end gearage. Would not want to then think that mine is not as good. Particularly if something were, like 1/2 price of mine and still sounded better. Well, gear that cost much more or the same just did not have the same qualities.

The gear there sounded good, no doubt, but to my ears, the grass is currently greener on my side of the fence.!

Paul

I am sure that i ran into you other guys and just had no idea that it was you all. What were you wearing, I had on a brown Texas Law shirt yesterday, a red and white striped shirt on today...

Paul

Paul,

Sorry I missed you. I had a green PWK cap, a green polo, and a yellow "Bullshit" button on for protection. I was mainly there to complete a deal on a mint used Fons turntable from Scotland. I too heard nothing with the clarity of Jubilees (although the small rooms were partly to blame). The best speakers I heard were the moderately (or should I say, CHEAPLY) priced ($1700) single-drivers with the Lowther driver. That was the best-balanced speaker I heard.

But then, I come to my love of Paul Klipsch's (and Jack Frazier's) work for both aethetically aural AND philosophically instructed reasons.

I was wearing a bootleg black t-shirt from the Roger Waters concert from the night before.

Ron, the room I saw you in WAS NOT where the single-driver speakers I liked were. $28K... [bs]

P.S. Never heard back from your friend.

It's obvious I need a guide and babysitter at these events. Will anyone who saw me please report to me what I was doing and if I appeared to be having fun. If we can only figure out where I was it may be possible to figure out what I missed. Thank you for your cooperation.