Looking to go 5.1, RS42s or RS52s??

nezff

I currently have:

RF62s, RC62, RW10d. I was looking into getting some in ceiling RCR5s at one time. Not sure if these would be near as good as the RS42s or RS52s. For the money, the RS42s are only $100 more than the RCR5s. I see on Klipsch.com under the recommended systems, they have the RS52s going with the RF62 package. But they are almost $200 more than the RS42s. Could I go with the RS42s and be satisfied? Im getting a good deal on them from sounddistributors.com. What you guys think? thanks in advance.

Also I was wondering about how far I can go up the wall without them sounding bad. I know the usual height is around 5 feet from the floor, but could i mount them lets say 6.5 feet or 7 feet up the wall, since I have pictures and lamps in the way?

Ok, I crawled into my attic last night and took a look see around. There is no way, I mean no way of getting to the top plate on the two outside walls where the speakers will be placed. So, my only way of running the wires will be into the wall behind the speaker, down to behind the baseboard and then to the receiver. I cant stand those plastic channels from the rear to the front. ahhhh!

My question is this, will the RS42s make a big difference? Wanted to know before I tear out the baseboard.

How far from the back wall do you sit? Are you going to mount the speaker flat on the wall or on brackets? You should be able to get away with the RS-42 as the rears with no problem.

As far as the speaker wire have you looked at the flat speaker wire. You can run this on the wall then paint right over it and it should blend right in. There was a post on here about it.

James

I am just looking for ideals since you will have them high on the walls. You might be able to just mount them up and see how they sound. If you think that changing the angle might help then you might look at OmniMount, I would get these, http://www.omnimountpro.com/pro/Product.aspx?productid=D0ED2F20-FA15-461C-817A-766DB3C9D997. I have the 30.0 for my RS-62 and they haven't moved from the position that I put them in about a year ago.

James

5-6 feet from the floor isnt very high. That is what Klipsch recommends anyway right?

No that is fine, but you were also talking about 7 ft. You should be able to use the keyhole to mount them directly on the wall, if they sound good to you then they are good.

James

one more question, when I get to my RS42 with this flat speaker wire, can I just put it straight in the speaker posts and tighten it down, or should I terminate it into those blocks that come with the flat speaker wire then put regular wire from that to the speaker?

Guest srobak

Willand> 300 +ship in original boxes. Over 4 years remaining on warranty.

Nezff> come on guy - followup/follow-thru is nice, instead of "disappearing" halfway through negotiation and ignoring messages asking what's up. That's just Bad Business.

I told you NO. I never told you in the first place I was for sure going to buy them. I hope you werent holding out for me. I was INTERESTED in them. Sorry for the confusion. I didnt have the funds at the time, even though I really wanted them. I got a brand new pair for $300. thanks

Guest srobak

This is the first "no" you have given me. I still have all other communications. I had assumed no after you just stopped communicating mid-stream, and did not reply to my 2x inquiries. Thanks.