KLIPSCH KSF SERIES

abbasi

entry leve?l...I think these were nearly top of the line at the time (KSF 10.5 of this series)...not the Jubilees in your pic but should easily deliver the goods...the KSF 8.5s are what I was considering (couldn't pull the trigger on the price at the time) for Home Theater...

Bill

I am using KSF-S6s...

Hey Bill, no such beasts. You've either got KSF-S5s (like me) or KSP-S6s (like I should have, to go with my other KSPs). The KSF works really well, though.

Currently I am using KV 2 with my speakers which I find too small for my system. Do you think KSF C5 would be better replacement for KV2. They have bigger speakers and more handling power and they sound pretty good. thanks.

Currently I am using KV 2 with my speakers which I find too small for my system. Do you think KSF C5 would be better replacement for KV2. They have bigger speakers and more handling power and they sound pretty good. thanks.

Yes, it would be the perfect speaker for KSF fronts (8.5s or 10.5s).

Bill,

Yes,.... entry level for Klipsch.

The KSF 10.5 sounds fine, or I wouldn't have picked them out for my mother, but they were the top of the line for the KSF series which was Klipchs first attempt at a budget system for home theater. The "S" is for synergy series. You have to remember that the "Legend" series was available at the same time; The KLF 10, the KLF 20, and KLF 30 were all above the KSF 10.5 and the KSFs had the vynl covering instead of wood veneer, so they sound good and make a great starter system but weren't anywhere near the top of the Klipsch food chain even when brand new, and you can get a pair of KSF 10.5s for under $400 on ebay in excellent shape and that is definetly entry level pricing for a good front main....

Roger

abbasi,

The KSF C5 was designed to work with the KSF series speakers, but then again, the Acadamy was designed for the heritage speakers and isn't big enough for the bigger speakers in that lineup either. The KSF C5 is probably fine with the KSF 8.5s, but it is similar in output to the RC-3II I had on my moms settup, and to me it just wasn't loud enough on dialog in most surround modes so I opted to get the RC-7 center. My personal thoughts are the center and sub are the most important for surround, of course it is your surronds on a stereo system for listening, and some settups have 5.1 stereo which puts a stereo signal to both the fronts and the rears for music. This is why I went with 4 KSF-10.5s instead of surround speakers. The RF-7s actually over power the RC-7 in my opininion, but I knew my mom would appreciate the cherry over the vynl in her house. I couldn't see spending thee money for the RF-5s over the KSF-10.5s for just the wood, so I upgraded to to RF-7s as my kids will probably get them back in 15 years and still have a nice speaker. If you can swing the extra to get a set of the KSF 10.5s at under $400, and another $400 for the RC-7, I promise you will like it, and if it's not in the budget, I suspect the KSF C5 will be fine with a pair of the 8.5s.

Roger

Ahhh, you meant back then...wasn't trying to pull the tiger's tail...just thought with all the speakers Klipsch has out there now, the KSF 10.5s are up the ladder a bit from what I would consider "entry..."...seems we really don't disagree here...

Bill

The KSF C5 is probably fine with the KSF 8.5s, but it is similar in output to the RC-3II I had on my moms settup, and to me it just wasn't loud enough on dialog in most surround modes so I opted to get the RC-7 center.

You couldn't turn it up louder? I still think the C5 would be a perfect match, as designed by Klipsch.

The KSF-C5 is a much better sounding speaker that the KV-2, if you're wondering about an improvement. The C-5 is a pretty surprising performer.

Before I'd spend more on a 'better' center speaker I'd upgrade the lot. But thats me.

Keith

fini,

You couldn't turn the RC-3II up louder, you would have to back off the front KSF 10.5s a little, and then you would probably want to back off the rear KSF 10.5s. That RC-7 sounds great with 4 KSF 10.5s, and with certain settups like an Adcom pre & pro, you not only have 5.1 surround for movies but 5.1 channel stereo (where the rears receive the full output spectrum of the 2 channel mode and the center gets a mono input of both) for listening to music. You might as well be able to hear that center sounding off as well. Granted, my mother won't be listening at those volumes, but at family gatherings like Christmas, it is nice to put on the christmas music while we are out in the front room doing presents, visiting, or playig cards. A young guy who couldn't afford top of the line could still get good sound and decent decible output in stereo for not alot of coin. I believe it best to get the best center you can afford and try to match it without overpowering it. Believe me it is easy to do. After you get your surrounds get the best sub that you can possibly afford, but go for quality sound and don't overpower your system. That HGS 10 is plenty for that system in a moderate sized room. My bet is that Velodyne is real close to an RSW-12 in performance. It had one sealed long throw woofer and 1250 watt RMS amp capble of 3000 watt peak.

Roger

Hi Keith

I was using KV2 as a center with my Epic CF 3 as I was unable to get KV 4. Now I would be replacing C5 with KV2. Now I have another situation. I have a KV1,KV2 and C5 one of the KV has to go. Which one do you think I should part with? Soon you will find my ad in the garage sale for one of the KV. Thanks.

Hi Keith

I was using KV2 as a center with my Epic CF 3 as I was unable to get KV 4. Now I would be replacing C5 with KV2. Now I have another situation. I have a KV1,KV2 and C5 one of the KV has to go. Which one do you think I should part with? Soon you will find my ad in the garage sale for one of the KV. Thanks.

I remember years ago reading the newspaper and seeing an ad from my local dealer selling the Epic Controlled Focus CF-4's at buy-one get-one free pricing at $1250 each. I dropped the paper and got in the truck and drove straight to the dealer. Sold out. Dang!

Anyway, short answer, I wouldn't use any of the KV's with KSF's. I think you said earlier you were using the speakers in a bedroom. If you plan to use the floorstanding KSF's for fronts then I would use a KSF-C5 for the center and either KSF-S5 surrounds (wall-mounted) or KSF-10.5 or 8.5 floorstanders. Your choice. Or better yet rear floorstanders and S-5 surrounds.

Everyone has an opinion. You have mine.

If I can help you just let me know.

Keith