FOR THE EAR.....

InVeNtOr

hey, i need some advice.....

i have a 16x16x10 (sloped) room.

i will be buying the RF-82 pkg.

i can get the RW-12 sub for $325 (maybe even less)

or RW-12D sub for $475

or RWS-10D sub for $800

in your opinion which would be the way to go? i understand the the rw subs are the same except for the ir sensor and display, i don't know if i have a use for that, but it might be nice. i called klipsch and the tech support and the guy favored the rws-10d, he said it was he favorite sub....

any help would be great.....

well my price range was first at $425 (thats the cost of the rw-12d). then i might move it up to $800 (thats the cost of the rsw-10d). i know i don't want to spend too much because i am buying the entire ht system at once.

i have been told that the rw-12d is "boomy" but then i was also told the svs sub was too. so i really don't know what to get.

by going on price alone the two subs that i would choose would be the klipsch rw-12d or the ED A3-300

they are both the same price, well the ed sub with the upgraded driver is $25 more. by rereading the posts i would assume that everyone that responed would reccemond the ed sub.

thanks to all who suggested elemental designs. i am pretty much sold on the A2-300. i can get two of those for $600 which would be great to have one in front and back. the only thing i don't like is the fact i can't control the crossover on it. i can't even imagine what a 550w sub would be. i think my little ksw-12 105w sub is loud enough.

thanks to all who suggested elemental designs. i am pretty much sold on the A2-300. i can get two of those for $600 which would be great to have one in front and back. the only thing i don't like is the fact i can't control the crossover on it. i can't even imagine what a 550w sub would be. i think my little ksw-12 105w sub is loud enough.

Unless you have a lot of time and patience to set them up correctly, I'd take with one 600.00 sub over two 300.00 subs anyday. The more expensive sub will dig lower with more authority than the two cheaper subs. It's also much easier to callibrate one sub than two.

In addition, you want your receiver to handle all of the crossover duties if possible and disable the crossover on the sub.