Need Help Wall Mounting Klipsch KSP6s

Anti-thesis

I looked up the speakers, http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/ksp-s6.aspx, but it doesn't say if and how many threaded inserts it has. Do you have these speakers, if so do they have the threaded inserts and/or a key hole on the back of them.

Are you looking to mount these directly on the wall? They would need the key hole to do this. Or do you need to angle them and need a bracket? With the bracket are you looking to mount them from the wall or ceiling?

James

If I remember correctly there is a keyhole in the back. If I were to mount mine to the wall (based on their weight), I would use the drywall anchors that are appropriately sized for their weight (actually I'd go one size up). That should keep them hangin' on the wall.

• Like 1

I've got a pair of Omnimount brakets in the box in my closet that have been sitting there unused for years. Can't remember the model # but they have the standard hole patterns that speaker manufacturers use and are heavy duty. I remember when I bought them they also made an angled version that seemed kewel, if that was needed. But like Steve said it's much cheaper using the keyhole brackets, his key word being 'stud'. It's hard to hit the hole but when you do it sure is sweet.

Keith

A pic of the 2 halves above that slide together to make this, and lock together with the 2 screws pictured. You might note that if these brackets are mounted vertically they cannot slide apart, down or out, because of their shape. Ceiling mount would definetly need the 2 screws in place (on tapped bottom of mount).

I looked up the speakers, http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/ksp-s6.aspx, but it doesn't say if and how many threaded inserts it has. Do you have these speakers, if so do they have the threaded inserts and/or a key hole on the back of them.

Are you looking to mount these directly on the wall? They would need the key hole to do this. Or do you need to angle them and need a bracket? With the bracket are you looking to mount them from the wall or ceiling?

James

I definitely want to mount them on the wall. The only problem is that I live in an older house and the walls on which I am mounting these may not have a stud (in between window and door frame) so Im not sure the wall could handle the weight.

I definitely want to mount them on the wall. The only problem is that I live in an older house and the walls on which I am mounting these may not have a stud (in between window and door frame) so Im not sure the wall could handle the weight.

You should be able to mount them directly on the wall but make sure you use wall anchors with a rating two or three times the weight of the speaker. You should be able to find these at any home improvement store.

James

You should be able to mount them directly on the wall but make sure you use wall anchors with a rating two or three times the weight of the speaker. You should be able to find these at any home improvement store.

James

So I don't need brackets, just wall anchors?

So I don't need brackets, just wall anchors?

Yes, you are correct. If you live in the sates you should be able to find them in your local home improvement store, Home Depot, Lowes. On the package for the wall anchors it should have the total load capacity, that is the number that you want to double or even triple the weight of your speakers. You can never be too careful only sorry if something was to happen if they were the wrong ones to begin with.

Something like the one stated above or these, http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=71537-2191-25310&lpage=none.

James

Like Steve said earlier there are 2 key-hole brackets on the backs of your speakers. Just screw appropiate anchors into wall, thread screw into anchor and hang speaker. Screw size specified in link above. Use template in speaker owners manual for spacing, or download the manual from this site if you don't have one.

Keith