Forte II, Upgrades

PhilMays

Hi gang!

I've been absent for some time now. Other things have run up the list that have taken my time. I've become a pattern day trader which while it has been fun, it's exhausting. Research at night is seemingly endless.

Anyway, I do miss the great group of people here! All other financial message boards I've been on are full of A-holes mostly yelling and screaming...yuch..

Last night, I took the time to listen to some music, yeah! Honestly, it's been a while.

Can someone direct me to where I can get crossover upgrades and midranges for Forte II's. I have one mid range that breaksup on CERTAIN songs, but some CD's never once. I think I'll just replace the driver. I would like to upgrade the crossovers as well.

Thanks in advance folks!

I need to take time to "smell the roses" more often!

http://critesspeakers.com/autotransformers.html

Bob Crites (BEC)...popbumper...DeanG...I have crossovers from all three and they are all nice...Friday I added BEC upgraded crossovers to my Quartets (slightly smaller brother to the Forte' II) and find them more detailed and they seem louder while runnig the same power through them (from before the upgrades...new crossovers take the weight of the crossover off the plastic terminal cup and places them on the bottom of the cabinet...

Bill

Phil I got the K-stacks from Chris Munson (popbumper) on the forum for my Forte II, I noticed a overall improvment in sound through out the entire speaker system. I am happy with the results, I recomend this upgrade. It is a little pricecy but I think worth it.

Jay

he is listening to those grand Cornwalls with the brandy new BEC Cross overs

The Crossovers were great, but adding the tweeters just put them over the top ............ Hopefully I'll redo the whole speaker, Mid and Bass too, new woofers may be next ............. Build the speakers, the power will follow !!!!!!!!!!!!!