Recommendation for new EL34

What's the track record for the JJ KT-77? How robust and reliable are they? Anyone been running the JJ/Tesla KT-77 for a considerable amount of time in a amp, and still have them test strong?

I was thinking of buying EH EL-34, they seem to do be a reliable tube, I guess.

After many years I did seem to go through a quad of Mullards in my ClassA Triode ST70 mod. The amp is used to run horn and tweeter in the tri-amp. Hate to use or use up any more high priced Mullards. Who makes good ones today at reasonable prices that might favor the higher hzs?

C&S

You know, you should re-tell the story of that amp, and its lead up, including the part about the dustpan amp. I still tell that one to the kids at bedtime, but I'm sure I've forgotten some of the details.

While you write, I'm going to gather up some blankies, graham crackers and half pints of milk...

After many years I did seem to go through a quad of Mullards in my ClassA Triode ST70 mod. The amp is used to run horn and tweeter in the tri-amp. Hate to use or use up any more high priced Mullards. Who makes good ones today at reasonable prices that might favor the higher hzs?

C&S

You know, you should re-tell the story of that amp, and its lead up, including the part about the dustpan amp. I still tell that one to the kids at bedtime, but I'm sure I've forgotten some of the details.

While you write, I'm going to gather up some blankies, graham crackers and half pints of milk...

Yeah, I was with you until those half pints were milk[:o] LOL

I was thinking of buying EH EL-34, they seem to do be a reliable tube, I guess.

I have some EH 2A3s in my Moondogs, and have been really happy with them. I currently have some SED EL34s in my ST-70, and have run them a while. Seems to be a stronger mid compared to how my Moondogs sound, but there is a huge difference in the topology and price between the Moondogs and my rebuilt Dynaco. The Dynaco has mostly been replaced. My driver board for the Dynaco uses three 6922 tubes, which are currently by EH. Mark Deneen had recommended the EH 6922 for the Blueberry, as a good tube. Slightly noisy compared to the Philips, but not nearly as problematic for me. I thought I would try them in the Dynaco and they are pretty good, especially for the money.