Silver Images??

dgoreck

So how does the sound compare between the IMAGE X10 and new slightly chunkier IMAGE X5?

From the singluar picture it looks like they'll still fit inside one's ear like the original IMAGE but the body appears to be about twice as big around?

Are they still small enough to be as insanely comfortabe as the original IMAGE?

Looks like a great alternative for people who'd rather have the IMAGE X10 but just don't have the $.

Thanks Amy. I must have missed that release.

$249 isn't to bad. Looks like a consultant who works with might wait for them to come out. $350 for the Images is to much but he likes the comfort and sound, but $250 is more reasonable to him.

• Moderators

They are still very small, but look chunkier because the Image X10 (which the current Images will be called) are so tiny.

I haven't listened to them yet, but I have heard they don't have as much bottom end, but have clearer highs. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I've heard [:)]

Someone posted this on head-fi.org (from AudioJunkies.com) -- it shows nicely the size difference.

post-4329-1381937420041_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Yes, clearer highs than the copper Image. I can't compare them to other brand models because I haven't listened to others. These will be at the pilgrimage, if you can make it!

Hmm... this is somewhat disturbing. Better highs than my more expensive Image copper I just bought? I don't like the concept. But the bass isn't as good? Is the bass difference super-subtle or more dramatic to where one would instantly hear a big difference?

• Moderators

Don't get me wrong, both are fantastic and the sound difference is subtle.

The original Images are more costly not only because they sound great, but you are purchasing the micro-technology along with it. They are more stylish and more costly to manufacture.

Again, these sound differences are just what I have heard, I have yet to judge for myself. Hopefully someone will chime in here who has heard them both.

Hmmmm.... only $50 more than my Custom 2.... might have been close enough to go for these...

Can't wait to try out all the models at the Pilgrimage. It'd be nice to compare all 5 models.

Hopefully Professor Thump will post how the IMAGE X5 fits into the Klipsch IEM line. So is it note Image as opposed to IMAGE as was presented a few months ago? While the new IMAGE X5 looks much chunkier than the IMAGE X10, I suspect they're still tiny compared to the Customs.

Wonder if Professor Thump has any more surprises for us next month?

Can't wait to try out all the models at the Pilgrimage. It'd be nice to compare all 5 models.

Hopefully Professor Thump will post how the IMAGE X5 fits into the Klipsch IEM line.

...Wonder if Professor Thump has any more surprises for us next month?

Image X5 was a big hit at the CanJam08 Event. Sorry I haven't reported sooner but I have been in China getting X5 into production. I think I have made your decision as to which headphone to buy from Klipsch a little more difficult because these babies sound great!

Just to give you a teaser about Image X5…

The sound signature is in between a Custom 3 and Image X10. If you like more bass go with Custom 3 or Image X10. If you want the most accurate top end choose Custom 3 or Image X5. X5 is your headphone also if you like a more forward voicing than Custom 3 or X10. X5 is slightly larger than X10 so it is a little easier to make and we pass that savings onto you. But just because you know it is less expensive than X10 by no means is it a poor mans headphone. It still has that staggering “Klipsch Sound Signature” that is very accurate in the frequency and time domain by minimizing any phase distortion with its linear acceleration. You will hear things you have never heard before in your favorite recordings.

I can’t wait for you to stick this one in your ear!

Your not still there are you? 1 week was enough for me in HK, but the Images where awesome on the plane. Well this should be a whole differen tthread...maybe tomorrow. I've tried my co-workers Custom 2's but they just aren't as comfy, might have to give these a shot as a backup set or something. Need some long term testers? ;)

• 1 month later...