rc-64 question

Need some advice from some of you klipsch gurus. I really would like to get an rc-64 but the only placement I would have would be 45 inches sbove the tops of my klf-20's and about 22 inches above the top of my tv. The tv stand opening is only 26 and 1/2 inches so can't fit it there. I am wondering if the rc-64 tilted down to the seating position which is about 18 feet from the tv would be okay or would the sound be to out of kiltered. Your opions would be much appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Probably not the best position but it should still work, the RC 64 not being a ported speaker is a lot more forgiving that the RC 7 is. Anyway, they are both outsanding speakers

I do agree with BAC, unless you are planing to upgrade your speakers, you would be better looking for the a matching center.

Thank you for your inputs. I eventually would like to upgrade and my lfc7 died so I need another center speaker and I would end of with the same problem with the lfc7 its also too wide. And it is very hard to find. Ive heard nothing but good things about the rc-64. I just hope the center speaker sounds alright being so high if not an rc-7 will fit in tv stand. I know the lfc7 would be a better match but I haven't seen it anywhere. Thanks again my klipsch friends and if anyone wants to throw their two cents in please feel free any advice will help my decision making.

Klf-c7

dimensions 11" (27.94cm) x 27.19" (69cm) x 9.125" (23.18cm)

RC-64

height 8" (20.3cm)
width 33" (83.8cm)
depth 13.5" (34.3cm)

If you don't like 27" you really don't like 33", the 64 is a monster!!!!

My tv stand only has a 261/2" opening so once I have to put it on top of the entertainment center it won't matter the width. I'm thinking also with the rc-64 being wider and having more wider of a listening area it will help make up for having the center channel so high above my mains, but thats me just guessing. Now I can fit an rc-7 just below the tv in the stand thats only 26" wide so I would have a 1/4" on each side I just hope it won't change the sound with being enclosed like that.

• 2 weeks later...