Klipsch CAR audio???

tommyboy

So, I got bored one day, and decided to do something......................................... different. And here's what I did. Yes, that is a RW10 in my trunk. It hit 35.3 DB!!!!!!! As far as I know, a pair of 12's is usually only good for about 31-33DB. It sounds absolutely great, and it might just stay in my trunk!!! the rest of the sysem is stock for now, but it sounds pretty good. It's all Pioneer stuff........................ As for a sub for the house, I'm looking at some outlaw's and SVS

post-16545-13819393705458_thumb.jpg

Guest srobak

I'm assuming you mean 135 db, not 35 - as that is below the noise floor? :)

Looks nice - I too wonder why Klipsch doesn't attack car audio... they could do some serious damage in there with the right products.

Tommyboy, funny you did that, I did that as evryone of my friends had a sub in their car and no one wanted to ride with me cause I wasn't"hip".

So I hooked it up same way you did, not as expensive sub but still a 10", and the amount of deep bass that was present was amazing!!! Everyone else had dual 10's and about 500watts of power, I only had 100watts to a 10" and it worked very nicely. I then upgraded to 900watts and dual 12's, but now got a new car and prolly won't put it in. Out grew the being"hip" stage.

Why is it dangerous?

the cigarette socket I believe is only rated to 300 watts, anything above that you need to goto the battery

Don't want to melt the lighter, especially with it continusously drawing power, regardless of peaks. I've had my friend melt his when using a 1million candle spotlight, and that's not 300w, maybe 100w.