Jesus Crites

LeBaron

I just put some Crites tweeters in my LaScalas. Man they sound great. The speakers sound very natural and horns have a little something special. The speakers sound way more open. I had planned to recap them first, but the tweeters came before the caps!

Yep, I love those CT 125's also. I first put them on my Khorns and liked them so much I added them to my center channel and my side effects Cornwalls. I love the clear, crips sound. For my ears, superior to the K77. Enjoy!

I've been using the CT-125 tweeters with my KPT MCM speakers.........In a room (home audio setup) I get away with it easily and the timber is an excellent match. They can handle plenty of power and easily keep up with the K402/K69 and MWM bass cabinets. I need to update my avatar. The beasts are runing in 3 way.....not 2 way as shown.

Yeah, I am going to recap them. I had thought I was going to recap them before the tweeters came, but the tweeters came first. I recapped my Heresys a couple of months ago (with Sonicaps) and it was a big improvement. Anything else I should do to them?

I've really enjoyed crossing the mid/tweeter at 4500hz. The K55 sounds better not pushed to 6000hz where it just poops out and is not very well behaved. The CT125 makes this easy and sounds very good at that crossover point.

It's accomplished by changing the value of the tweeter cap and adding an inductor to the squawker. Bob Crites can supply the parts and it can be done as an easily convertible switch. Pretty cheap tweak for a nice improvement.