Looking for an Academy speaker. Any options besides Ebay?

erdric

I have been looking on ebay for a while now and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know of any other potential sources to look at for this speaker? I have Kg-3's and I would love to get a hold of an academy center.

I don't suppose that any of you that currently have one feel the need to upgrade...

I have been looking for an Academy for quite some time now and I have yet to find one. And in the long run, I think it would be too big for what I need so if I do find one I'm not sure if I would buy it or not.

If anyone knows where to find one or has one for sale let me know anyways.

myram@angelfire.com

Thanks,

Steve

------------------

Klipsch Quartets

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Guys,

I found my Academy by placing a wanted add on www.audioreview.com. To make it really sweet, it was in excellent condition and I paid $230 including freight. There are numerous boards where you can place wanted adds.

Also check out www.deja.com to check out usenet groups for Academy speakers. Also do not assume that an add placed 6 months ago was sold. Check it out, send an email and if it is sold, ask them if they know of any other Academy speakers are available. I have some other links that I checked, but I am not on my normal computer right now. Send me a private email, and I will send you some additional resources.

All these resources apply to locating Cornwall, Academy, whatever you are looking for.

You just need to have some patients, and be persistent.

Mike.

Can anyone give me more information about the "academy". The search button does not work correctly any more.

I have Forte II's w/an RC-3 and I hate it. I am looking into purchasing a single Hersey. Would that sound better than an academy?