Cornwalls III and Mcintosh -

dibi

Hi everybody from an Italian Cornwalls III owner.

My configuraton is

- CD/SACD reader Mcintosh MCD201

- Ampli Mcintosh MA6300

- CD vs ampli cable Van den Hul GOLD HYBRID halogen free (unbalanced fixed output).

The room is a 4.8m x 7m living room. Height is 3.2m.

The two CIIIs are set on the short side (the 4.8m one).

I must admit that after months of tests, settings, positionings and re-positionings of the CIIIs respect the back and side walls...... the result is NOT good (at least for me): bass are too pushy, oppressive...you soon get tired. The volume must be low to keep bass controlled.

Treble range don't come out, they are not crisp, as crisp as I'd like.

The sound is in general muffled, not brilliant.

Of course I've set something wrong in the ampli or positioned the CIIIs in a bad way.

Is there anybody who could help me?

Thank you

dibi

Sounds like something is not right...

Is the polarity of the speakers hooked up correctly...that could dull the bass as the drivers will pull in instead of push out and you get a thwaunk sloppy sound?

most people complain that the heritage series is to bright and trebely if your not used to "horns" but I've never heard the opposite

How did your system sound through other speakers....has the MA6300 ever been serviced and sounded good on other speakers???

Check the interconnectes??? I've even had expensive ones that the solder joints wern't good...

if all else fails ....did you try placing the Cornwalls in the corners and toed in about 30 degree's....

• Moderators

Are your tweeters working?

That's what I was wondering ? I have the same model, and yes they have a lot of bass but they are not lacking in the mids or high freq. something is not right. Try covering each driver individually and make sure each one is working.

Have you tried another amp or another set of speakers on that one, maby a wire came loose in shipping ?

Go back thru the menu on the cd player or whatever you have connected, or just try to connect a different way, there is no way they should sound like that.