Do RF-7's and a pair of RB-10 go along well ?

redux999

Hi everybody,...

I ordered myself a set of RF-7's and I was woundering if a pair of RB-10 speakers, used as surround speakers, would go along fine with the RF-7's.

I would use them all connected to a Harman Kardon AVR132 receiver.

Later on ... when I have the budget again,... a surround speaker will surely follow so any suggestions about a center speaker to go along with the other four would be highly appreciated [;)]

Congrats on the RF-7's. [Y]

For the center......an RC-7 is the perfect match. Look on the Garage Sale here, you can find a used one for about $300-$500.

RB-10's for surrounds.......shouldn't be a problem.......any of the Reference speakers for surrounds would probably do. RS-7's or RB-75's would be a perfect match but with a much higher price tag.

My Harman Kardon receiver must be able to do this wuzzzer .... and memorize those kind of settings.

I was planning to temper the RF-7´s a couple of dB´s and crank the surrounds up with some dB´s when I´m watching a movie and hope to match them a bit that way. Not in stereo listening offcourse ... only while playing a movie.

Later on I will buy me a centre speaker ..... what about the RC-10 with his 95dB sensitivity....only 7dB difference with the RF-7 and 3dB with the RC-7 ... good choise ?

If I buy me a centre speaker,... I would prefer the RC-10 because of it´s size.

I find the RC-7 way to big and since I don´t watch movies that often ... [*-)]

What do you think guys ?

Just keep in mind that when you add a center channel, it's going to be outputting about 70% of the entire sound track....which means skimping on the center channel is going to dramatically lower the perceived sound quality of the entire system (even though your RF-7's are killer awesome).

Depending on the layout of your room, you might actually be better off not running a center channel altogether...unless of course you buckle down and go with something like an RC-7, RC-64, or RC-62.

Thx. DrWho ... good advice.

I didn't think about the fact that indeed a possible 70% of the track is going through the center speaker and no ... I don't want to buckle down extra €'s .. a pair of RF-7's and RB-10's is enough money spend at the moment.

1250€ for the RF-7 set and 199€ for a RB-10 setto be exact.

I live in Belgium you know and I'm going to get the speakers in The Netherlands ... they are cheaper over there . Tax difference.