Speaker feet for wooden floors

Wrinkles

I have had Cornwalls in my house and the metal feet scratched the wooden floors.

I have LaScalas now and they scratch the floors.

Looking at the feet on the bottoms of the speakers you will find metal feet that have been roughed up or bent or driven deeper into the base.

Has anyone found replacement feet that go easy on wood floors?

Presently, I have my LaScalas on small throw rugs and move them around that way.

Thanks,

Wrinkles

Any hard feet, i.e. metal, vinyl, wood, etc... will possibly scratch or mar the floor when the speakers are moved. Thick felt will work, but if the speakers are moved around the felt will quickly wear down. Maybe large pieces of thick felt? I've found this product at Home Depot.

But speakers don't get moved that often, so you might consider a product called "Grippers". They are small rubber feet that won't damage the hardwood and they do a good job of holding the speaker in place. I found some at Wal-mart. The only downside is that you can't slide the speakers to move them.

Greg

But, seriously folks; I had a similar problem with my RF-7s on resilient tile flooring. I resolved my issues with inexpensive, hard nylon furniture glides that self-stick right onto the same protrusions on the bottom the speakers that the factory feet had screwed into. For your wooden flooring, carpeted stick-on glides would probably protect better. -Glenn

part number 260-770 from Parts Express is exactly what Klipsch uses on LaScala Industrial and some of the other pro speakers. You'll ned #10 x 3/4" wood screws to install them. Mark the point, put tape around drill bit 1/2" from tip for depth gauge. Predrill holes and install rubber footies.

For standard LS, put them near the corners of the woofer hatch door (making sure not to cover any screws of the access panel), that way they'll be well back from the edge of the cabinet and won't show.

The metal thingies that Klipsch uses are called 'domes of silence' by the manufacturer and were put on to protect the speaker when it was slid around the shop floor during production. You can remove them by prying with a flat bladed screwdriver if you wish.