RC-7's as surrounds???

tonysly

Well my question is pretty simple. I have RF7's and an RC7 center with RS3 II's as surrounds right now, but I was wondering if I could use the RC7's as my surrounds if I bought 2 more. I am also looking at getting a couple RS7's or RB75's, but I love the RC7 and am thinking of using it for my surrounds as well. That may sound stupid I guess, but it seems like they would work great. Any opinions? I'm still pretty new to all of this high end speaker stuff, so I would love to hear what some of you experts may have to say. Thanks everybody!

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here.

One of our long-time members has a nice RF-7 theater with 3 RF-7's up front and RC-7s for side surrounds and rear. His screen name is m00n but I have not seem him posting very often of late. You might look him up and try sending him an email or PM. -Glenn

Photo of m00n's HT with side RC-7s taken during his RC-7 support construction phase back in 2004...

post-10177-13819400251378_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819410401184_thumb.jpg

In our theater, we run a pair of RF-7s up front with an RC-7 center channel and the two side surrounds are RS-7s (shown in black below). The two rear are RCW-5 in-walls (shown in white below) and there's an RSW-15 sub. The 7.1 setup sounds outstanding IMHO! -Glenn

There are a lot more images on our web site.

post-10177-13819400251988_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819410401814_thumb.jpg

Ok, I guess I'm going to resist the urge to buy another 4 rc-7's :) I was just worried about the quality of my surrounds when compared to my front three. I dont like to mix different reference series either, so I want whatever I get to be made specifically matched for the RF7 set. I may get 2 pairs of rs-7's, or 2 pairs of rb-75's, but from what I have heard from you guys I think I am going to go with one pair of each. I would like to get 4 rb-75's because I love how I can bi-wire them like the rf7's and rc7, but most people I've heard from really seem to like their rs-7's so I'm leaning towards getting a pair of each so I can move them around and decide what I like most. I'm thinking of using the rb75's for the side surrounds and the rs7's for the backs- any opinions, should I switch that around? Also I haven't seen many rb75's for sale used, what is an average price for a used pair of those? I know they are more than the RS7s, which is why I figured they are probably nicer than the RS7's as well. Last question- am I going to notice a big difference between the RS7's I get compared to the RS3 II's I have going right now? Anyways thanks for replies guys,I would really appreciate some more advice :)

• Moderators

I'm thinking of using the rb75's for the side surrounds and the rs7's for the backs- any opinions, should I switch that around?

I would switch them around and have the RB-75's in the rear and the RS-7's for the sides.