what to buy for my motorcycle?

vortexr1

Ihave been using the bose in ear,,,have had 2 pairs brake in the last 4 months.Just came across the klipsh

brand..Not to familiar with them..I was deciding between the shure se 210 or a klipsh brand..

Anyone have any advise on which model would be a good motorcycle headphone? I need it to be loud and

cancelout the outside noice,thanks

I can say that the Custom-3's do work well for this. If I am riding alone I have mine with me. I am moving up to a touring bike soon It has a built in intercom. I plan on buying an adapter so I can use the custom 3's with it. I like the way they fit in close to your ears and the helmet dois not get in the way.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I vote custom-3s. The over-the-ear design makes it perfect for long-stints of not being able to adjust/remove them. Most importantly, when used with the double-flange ear gels, the sound cancelation is simply fantastic. I use mine in the library when studying and someone sitting by me having a loud conversation on their cell phone is completely inaudible.

I actually would NOT recommend any in-ear headphone that seals in your ear and does noise isolation while riding. Nevermind the fact that it is illegal in most states to begin with, but you absolutely MUST be able to hear what is going on around you. For this reason I use some rather generic and loose fitting cheapo earbuds from Koss. No, they do not sound the best, but being able to hear beyond the music and having it more as a background thing has saved my *** on more than one occassion. Think about this.

Oh don't even get me STARTED on Chicagoland texters while I am riding! I have lost count of how many times I have been nearly clipped or drifted into by a texter on one of the e-ways. I'm always screaming in my helmet to CALL THEM, IT'S SAFER!

Uhg! I HATE being behind a car doing 50 to 70mph and seeing THIS:

Posted Image.......Posted Image

I hate that more than I do having people try to use my face as an ashtray when I am behind them. *grrr*

Well, I'll weigh in here. I wasn't going to, but here goes. I rode a harley up until about a year ago. I have been riding since the 80s. I gave it up because I am older and there is just too much crazy stuff going on out there. Do I miss it, yep I sure do. IMHO, no one who ride should wear headphones, or, again IMHO, should even listen to any sounds (no radio, GPS, etc) no related to riding. There is just too much you have to be aware of, to let your attention stray. I believe when riding that 100% of your facilities need to be used in the process. I remember, when riding I could get lost in the experience and lose some concentration, but when that happened, I tried to alert myself of the dangers involved. Just my 2¢