Just wondering what these Klipsch Horns are worth

tonysly

There is a guy locally selling a pair of corner horns. This is what he writes about them:

"THESE ARE 30 GRAND 100% BRAND NEW TOP TO BOTTOM KLIPSCH CORNER HORNS WITH TOP OF THE LINE UPGRADES
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD CORNER HORNS WITH A WOOD HORN BAYMA TWEETERS CUSTOM CROSS-OVERS? WELL THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS PERIOD. EVERY PART BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, I WILL CUSTOM STAIN THE CABINETS TO YOUR CHOICE OF ANY COLOR. AND THEN POLY 4 COATS. WHEN YOU RECEIVE SPEAKERS THEY WILL BE 100 PERCENT BRAND NEW. SOUND STAGE IS 2ND TO NONE PERIOD. NOTHING GETS LOUDER PERIOD. BUT STAYS FLAT FLAT FLAT MUST HEAR TO BELEIVE. 10 WATTS WILL BRAKES WINDOWS 1 WATT EQUALS 129DB."
He also has pics of every part and the boxes themselves and everything is brand new mint. I'm thinking of selling my 2nd car for them :) Please give me an estimate of what you guys think he should charge for these speakers. I've got a price from him (I'll share with you later), but I want to know just how good of a deal it really is! Thanks everybody!
****And NO, 30 Grand is not what he is asking. He claims they are WORTH this much though. Nice Speakers.****

I am skeptical that these are actually Klipschorns.

He claims they are new, he claims they have upgrades, he claims they will have a custom finish etc. Who is going to take a new Klipschorn and change (upgrade?) the parts and refinish the cabinets? This does not add up.

IMO, I suspect someone is building homemade cabinets. Off the bat, there would be very little re-sale value. Whether they are competently built or whether the parts selection is good is a big unknown. I really doubt they are both new and have all the upgrades. I won't even mention that the price is outrageous.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I understand being sceptical, but I know they are real klipschorns. I think what he meant when he said "new" is that they will be "like new" when he's done. But I really dont know. He is more than happy to let you come look at them. I've seen them and they look great already, mint. Give me your email and I'll send you some pics so I can get another opinion. He also has receipts for the upgrades, etc. You are right though, it doesn't sound normal to go changing everything inside, does it? Thanks!

That is a great idea about the serial #'s. I asked him for pics of the serial #'s and a list of all the specific upgrades. When I get them I will post back here. If he doesn't give me the serial # pics then I will just assume they aren't authentic, and that they really were too good to be true :) Thanks guys.