Confused about Guitar Center... (Amy's daily pictures)

Guest srobak

I am a little confused about one of Amy's daily pictures and the accompanying text.

Currently Guitar Center does not carry any Klipsch products, including headphones. Yet this picture-post http://forums.klipsch.com/blogs/amy/archive/2008/09/02/because-your-ears-deserve-to-be-comfortable.aspx says the contour ear gels are being packaged to get shipped to Guitar Center.

Eh?

Klipsch is at 215 Guitar Center stores now with Custom 1&2. The fact that you didn't know that is exactly why we are developing these fit kits. They will also be present at Apple, Airport Wireless and In Motion stores. These stores will have the entire line up of products and our demo kits.

Why have demo kit you may ask? Most people don't have a clue what our brand name represent for quality of sound. If you have been to some stores that demo IEM's they have old foamies on them that started out yellow but are now a shade of grey from who knows what every listener contributed. We want to be sanitary so we are providing these "fit kits" or "audition kits" to the retailers so they can not only demo the products to customers but also hear the products themselves. Prior to this most of the sales team had not had an opportunity to hear our IEM's.

This is also a ruthless attempt to get ear tips to our customers before the retail packs come out. We know that if most people try the product they will be surprised by the comfort. I don't care how good it sounds; if you can't experience a comfortable fit it just doesn't matter.

Go to your favortite retailer mentioned above for your Klipsch demo.

post-20592-13819417895678_thumb.jpg

Love the briefcase there Professor Thump.... is that your iem road case? All you need to set up a quick demo?

Why only the Custom 1 and Custom 2 at Guitar Center? Is that a marketing thing or all that Guitar Center wanted to carry? Getting the fit kits out so people can demo these things is an awesome idea. I'd think a lot of guitar players would have very good hearing and might appreciate what the Custom 3 and the Image models have to offer. Of course, maybe Guitar Center is geared more towards the just starting out kids but I've heard some pretty good playing a few of the times I've visited Guitar Center stores.

And I agree ... who wants to reuse a tip stuck in someone else's ear. Probably OK if cleaned with alcohol beforehand but here's your own to try out. And I wouldn't expect anyone to stick gels that have been in my ear into theirs without a good cleaning. No ear infections - just went to the doctor a few days ago - but my ears, mostly my right ear, still itches. May need to go to my ENT.

I also suspect a lot of other IEM owners will want to get their greasy little palms on the Klipsch ear gels.... with no intention of getting the Klilpsch IEMs ... but may change their minds once they hear them.

Here is a picture of the audition kit opened up...

Threre is storage for each of the eartip sizes S,M,L and S/M, M/L.

These kits should be in all of the Guitar Center stores. If they are not available in your area (USA only) please let me know. I would hope that this will be world wide eventially, but it take a lot more team effort to just fill a portion of our retailers than I would have ever imagined.

post-20592-13819417903768_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Fit kit, I was thinking many little baggies of each size for each person wanting to try out the IEMs at some sort of display. This makes more sense but will require sales associate assistance - hopefully provide the required support and give them a prominent display. I'd think most people trying them will be blown away by the sound and comfort.

• 2 weeks later...

These kits should be in all of the Guitar Center stores. If they are not available in your area (USA only) please let me know. I would hope that this will be world wide eventially, but it take a lot more team effort to just fill a portion of our retailers than I would have ever imagined.

There is a Guitar Center literally right across the street from my place here in Fredericksburg. I'll have to pop in there and see if they have this available, as well as try them out (would be curious to hear how the Custom-2 actually sounds compared to my much beloved Custom-3s).

Nice!! This is an awesome idea, I am in the process of getting a job at an Apple store and would definitely love to share Klipsch's sound with prospective customers!

Hey that's great! Good luck with your new job.

As I had mentioned earlier we have these kits in some of the Apple stores along with Airport Wireless and In Motion stores at the airport.