Need HD hook-up info for U-Verse

boomac

We just had U-Verse installed and although learning the channels is a PITA the picture and sound quality are exceptional. The only problem we have is that the tech wasn’t sure how to hook the U-Verse box up so that the HD signal would get to the projector. I think he ran an HDMI cable into the receiver (Yamaha V-2600) from the U-Verse box. The Panasonic projector is linked to the receiver via component video cable. The light indicating HD reception will not light up and of course there is no HD reception.

Anybody have an idea what might be wrong with the hook-up?

You got U_VERSE !!! You lucky Dog.

My neighbor works at ATT like your wife so we have the real story. My hood has been wired but we've been told we need more houses in the new hood across the street before they bring in a POP. Next year the parade of homes will be in that subdivision so I hope that will be enough to bring U-Verse.

Back to your delema, I don't remember what connections you have on your projector. If it has an HDMI plug, we should run HDMI between your yamaha and your projector to get the full potential.

JM

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Uverse for about a year and a half now, I know what you mean about not passing the test on the menu to feed 1080i. The trick is to run the test and quickly accept it when it blinks the accept screen briefly (at least that's how I had to do it) If you can't get it to accept, then call your service tech. The uverse customer service sucks, but it is still a pretty good product. The problems with the service have diminished a little, I just wish that they would upgrade their DVRs, it is so very primitive compared to all the bells and whistles on my parents Dish network DVR.

• Klipsch Employees

I gave up on HDMI and went component. THis works every time.

I had a problem this last weekend where the cat5 used to get the service into the house was picking up interferance and not working. They came out and changed the input to RG-6 (which is sheilded) and solved the problem.

They just had an upgrade. Now the DVR works on all TV's connected to a "set top box". (in our area and only a few others)