Palladium Arrival

rscotth

Anyone know what brand and model of the stands Scott was/is using for rear speakers?  I really like the looks of them and I'm thinking about getting some P-17b's.

attachicon.gifstands P-17b.jpg

Some real wood bar stools can work great for stands.Don't cost a lot and work better then speaker stands I have seen and used. No way these are tipping over. 

DSCN0994.jpg

• Like 3

Looks nice, and I too doubt those are tipping over!  The P-17b's (30 lbs each) aren't as heavy as the original Heresy, but I'm liking this bar stool idea.  I could even put spikes on the bottom of the stools.  A little sanding and flat black spray paint and I'm done.  

These blow away any speaker stand I can buy locally as I'd be scared to put an expensive bookshelf speaker on what Best Buy sells.

Some real wood bar stools can work great for stands.Don't cost a lot and work better then speaker stands I have seen and used. No way these are tipping over. 

Edited by etc6849

These are the ones I bought Winsome 29-Inch Square Leg Bar Stool, Black, Set of 2. Great quality that come fully assembled. I put the heresys on the stands that I had the rb61iis on but didn't fully trust it with the bigger speakers. 

I also would never put those PBs on a untrusted stand. No way!

Edited by Cinema_head

Looks nice, and I too doubt those are tipping over!  The P-17b's (30 lbs each) aren't as heavy as the original Heresy, but I'm liking this bar stool idea.  I could even put spikes on the bottom of the stools.  A little sanding and flat black spray paint and I'm done.  

These blow away any speaker stand I can buy locally as I'd be scared to put an expensive bookshelf speaker on what Best Buy sells.

If you use bar stools take on old yoga mat if you have one and cut it in the shape of the speaker footprint. It will make the speaker 'stick' to the stool much better than just sitting wood on wood. I think it helps imaging a little too as the speaker does not move but that might be my ego listening and not my ears...

• 3 weeks later...

So I PM'd Scott asking what brand these were and he ended up selling me his old stands!

I made a 3/4" oak transition piece (bolts to stand then to speaker bottom) for them and removed the old tops.  Then I filled the legs with 8.5 lead shot (about 17lbs of shot per stand).  The stands are made by SolidSteel in Italy, and are very well made.

Thanks again Scott!

post-31898-0-87680000-1423292986_thumb.j

post-31898-0-82160000-1423293001_thumb.j

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...