Monoprice

Jay481985

Good ears jay. You should not be able to tell the difference with such subtle changes. Personally I hate banana connectors, but I agree with you they are convenient.

I was sick and tired of moving installing the belden 10 guage monstrosities..... The banana are convienant as heck.

Jay,

I have to agree, I like Monoprice. I purchased speaker wire from them and it's very good quality. I have also purchased speaker wire, component and RCA from BlueJeans, and they are also have a great product. But for the price Monoprice is just the same.

How does everything sound now with the RC-64 hooked up?

James

They sound wonderful. The rc-64 is seemless, I cannot tell the difference when one speaker is working and not. It just comes to me as a wall of sound. Its probably because of my 13 foot width of the room, 12 deep. Also I do not have to put the sound up to understand what people are saying on movies or tv. Its great. If you want I will post a picture of the setup but I am reluctant with some forum members said things about me.

I did, the website is weird and some cables are ridiculous in price and I could not find the regular speaker wire

Here is the same thing that you purchased, http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2015&sku=29173, but from MonoPrice you only paid a 1/4 of that. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023901&p_id=2789&seq=1&format=2 Even from BlueJeans you would saved almost half the price from CablesToGo.

James

If you want I will post a picture of the setup but I am reluctant with some forum members said things about me.

Jay,

Go for it, post a picture of the new setup. Did you put the sub into a enclosure yet? That is the only thing that I will be purchasing, I hope in the next few months, a new sub.

James

Jay,

Those banana plugs look pretty nice. Especially for $1.50. I can attest that's less than Radio Shack as I think I paid at least that or more for a pair on closeout when they closed down 2 of the 3 Radio Shack's in town a couple of years ago. Had went as I wanted to try some banana jacks so I bought all they had which wasn't many - could probably use more when I get around to rewiring thngs. Hard to beat for ease of use. Call me lazy but I like connections that are quick and easy.

Enjoy your system with the RC-64.

I did, the website is weird and some cables are ridiculous in price and I could not find the regular speaker wire

Here is the same thing that you purchased, http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2015&sku=29173, but from MonoPrice you only paid a 1/4 of that. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023901&p_id=2789&seq=1&format=2 Even from BlueJeans you would saved almost half the price from CablesToGo.

James

I hereby stand corrected! I must have just been lucky when I purchased a set of xlr's. Thanks guys I'll be sure and keep these places in mind when comparison shopping.

Better insulate one of those barrels, if they flex even slightly they can make contact and short out. Not good.

I have some GLS brands that are fabulous, but entirely metal like these. I remedied it by slipping a piece of black Heat Shrink Tube over the negative barrel and shrinking it down